Feet hurt during SPIN class?

Options
My feet have started hurting during Spin, but after I get off the bike I'm fine. It's only while my feet are in the pedals. Unfortunately spin shoes are definitely not in my budget.
The instructor suggested that my running shoes with neutral support might be the issue. So I'm considering trying my regular tennishoes next time.

Any other suggestions?

Replies

• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You could be strapped in too tightly, or your sneaker laces could also be tied too tight.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    My feet never hurt, but my pikachu sure does! :blushing:

I need to still purchase the padded shorts :)
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My feet never hurt, but my pikachu sure does! :blushing:

I need to still purchase the padded shorts :)

Thats cute! mine did too in the begining but they say 3 -4 classes and doing it regularly will adjust your body... well it took me about 7 classes ... feet thing... my toes sometimes go numb but i think its cause i prefer to be tightly strapped in. but better support in your shoes should help. try using a athletic insole
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My feet used to hurt all the time too until the instructor showed me what I was doing wrong. I was putting all the weight into the front of my foot and toes. You are supposed to use a flat foot and push thru your heel to work your legs and glutes. Now that I focus on pushing thru my heel flat footed my feet dont hurt anymore. Hope maybe this helps. ;-)
  • orangedaisies
    Options
    My feet used to hurt all the time too until the instructor showed me what I was doing wrong. I was putting all the weight into the front of my foot and toes. You are supposed to use a flat foot and push thru your heel to work your legs and glutes. Now that I focus on pushing thru my heel flat footed my feet dont hurt anymore. Hope maybe this helps. ;-)

That's what I was trying to do today. Hopefully it helps. :)
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    LOL, your feet....My tushy always hurt.

Try adjusting your straps and make sure you pedal with your heal down and not on your toes...Also, strech your feet you could end up with plantars fasciitis trust me you don't want it. :smile:
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you spin often, I would really recommend that you get clip-in shoes. When I started spinning I wore regular shoes, and my feet would always hurt during class. Since switching to the clip-in shoes, my feet have never hurt. Clipping in also allows you to push and pull on the pedal better, so you get even more out of the workout. They run about $100, but they are totally worth the investment if you spin a lot.

If the clip-in shoes aren't an option for you, though, as others have said focus on keeping your feet flat so the pressure is more evenly distributed through your foot. Also wear shoes that have a stiff sole.