How can I lose 30lbs?

Options
Hello, I'm Payton. I'm 21, 5ft and 152 lbs. I just had a baby a year ago. :)

Now I'm trying very hard to lose weight and I would just like some advice and I am in need of a support group!!
Please help!!

Replies

• paytonchristine00
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • MEADOWS_FIT
    MEADOWS_FIT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Have you ever done HIIT?
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Samantha gave you good advice above. I'll only add to be patient. You didn't gain the extra weight quickly, so don't expect it to come off quickly either. Just aim for a downward trend in your weight and you will do fine.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    The basic principal on My Fitness Pal is Calorie Deficit, based on measurement of Calories In and Calories Out. If you take in less calories based on what you eat, and burn more calories through exercise, you'll eventually lose weight.

It is perhaps best to watch your portion sizes, rather than eliminate specific foods, as that could cause cravings and feelings of hunger.
  • kkrober25
    kkrober25 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Have you ever done HIIT?
    WTF does that have to do with basic advice on losing weight?

I think he was just trying to give workout advice. A lot of people see relatively quick results doing HIITs. This time of work out continues to give you an increased calorie burn after you complete your workout.

• superstargalaxy
    superstargalaxy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    They a few things you can do to lose a few pounds! Dieting is one of them, that probably crossed your mind since you're here. :p

I won't go over what others have already said on that topic, but do set up MFP and try your best to track everything you eat. It'll give you great insight on where most of your calories are coming from and what to tweak. Don't be bummed out if you fail, just keep trying, and you'll get into it!

Other then that, I do recommend some kind of exercise. You don't have to do any weight lifting if you don't want to or any intense cardio! I always recommend long walks out side, 40 min+, or even incline walking on a treadmill for 30minutes everyday. There are so many other benefits to this other then losing weight that it would be shame not too!

I combined my diet, cardio, and weight lifting and I was able to drop 30lbs in a few months. I'm sure you are able to do so as well! :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    kkrober25 wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Have you ever done HIIT?
    WTF does that have to do with basic advice on losing weight?

I think he was just trying to give workout advice. A lot of people see relatively quick results doing HIITs. This time of work out continues to give you an increased calorie burn after you complete your workout.

And increased appetite

So while HIIT is a good response to how would I improve my cardiovascular health within a limited timeframe as a weight loss response it's not helpful
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give is this...

One bite at a time, One meal at a time. One day at a time, one week at a time.

That is, don't focus on the thirty pounds, just focus on hitting the figures MFP targets for you.

Log everything you put in your face, accurately. Buy accurate scales, log in exact grams or ml's for fluids.

And just be patient, it'll work. Took me nearly 3 years to lose 57kg (around 125lb I think, I don't work in archaic measurements) before going into 'maintenance' mode for a couple of years... But I never focused on the end target, just on smaller, closer, more achieveable ones... Like not having a cookie with my mug of coffee, or putting one less potato on the plate than I wanted to, and filling the space with som veggies instead.

Three years for what I lost might seem a long time, but hey... It took me 48 years to get that fat in the first place, so repairing the damage in 3 was great...
  • siraphine
    siraphine Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Fork put-downs.
    Seriously, that's all it takes. You don't need to work out if you don't want (while it definitely helps and is good for you -- working out tones, eating less loses fat). Just log, log, log and take it a day at a time.
    2 months ago I was a desperate pathetic mess. And now, by doing virtually nothing, I've lost almost 20 pounds.