Summer challenge

Options

Replies

• nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    2.6 on the elliptical and Im hopefully gna do another mile with my almost 6 yr old son today!
  • simkat
    simkat Posts: 72
    Options
    2.5mi run this AM and 1.5mi dog walk this evening. :)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Wow Angela a 10K that's great. I walked around the lake again and did C25K even with my husband with me it worked OK since I "run" so slow. So I have added another 3 miles. I am making slower but steady progress - hence the turtle. So I am at 14 miles now. It was a beautiful day today and I went for a swim with my daughter at my Mom's afterwards.
  • PandaFAmBAm
    PandaFAmBAm Posts: 111
    Options
    Did 2.8 miles tonight
  • PandaFAmBAm
    Options
    Did 2.8 miles tonight
  • angelawilliams29
    angelawilliams29 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow Angela a 10K that's great. I walked around the lake again and did C25K even with my husband with me it worked OK since I "run" so slow. So I have added another 3 miles. I am making slower but steady progress - hence the turtle. So I am at 14 miles now. It was a beautiful day today and I went for a swim with my daughter at my Mom's afterwards.

Well that's awesome!!! I feel like I am the turtle a lot of times!!!. Haha!! Especially with weight loss...that's become my motto--"slow & steady wins the race!" . So, although I'm quickly approaching the summer challenge goal, I've got my own slow happenings as well!!! I can't believe how much I've done already!! I'm proud of myself for it (this is only our 5th week to run!!!) & this challenge has def helped put things into perspective for me...I'd never have realized how many miles I've been doing if not for logging it here!!! No wonder my "new" shoes are already getting worn out!!!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Angela - Congratulations! That is fantastic! I'm with KeriA...just finished C25K but am still soooo slow.

I have really fallen off the running wagon lately. Have been trying to do the 30DS but just can't manage running and that daily. So got a new plan in place and should start logging some more miles this week. Glad this thread is here!
  • nachisdoll
    Options
    3 miles today most of it uphill and i was pushing a double stroller! It was 95 degrees out I AM WET!:drinker:
    Way to go everyone!!!! You are all doing sooo amazing!
  • angelawilliams29
    Options
    Awesome!!! You ARE ALL doing so well!!!! It takes a lot of effort & commitment to keep motivated to become healthier!!!. Great job, girls!!!. & thanks, Toadie!!. You're doing great!!!

6 miles added for yesterday...walked 4, ran 2. Beat our time for our weekly family race!! This week was the short one (2 miles)...last time (it was our first race!), we finished in 23:19 min...this time, 20:21!! Not bad, considering our 8 & 10 year olds set the pace!!! Fun stuff!!!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Angela: I love that -family race.
    I went for a 30 minute walk last night and 2.8 miles today (part of the was C25K - 16 minutes) So I will call it good at 3 more miles. I usually log my 2.8 mile walk at 3 miles and then not log in the small walks unless they add up.
    Wow Nachisdoll uphill pushing stroller in 95 degrees. That is something. Seems like you desrve some extra mileage on that! I was glad it was cool here today for my walk/run.
    Happy walking/running everyone.
    Keri
  • angelawilliams29
    Options
    Thanks, KeriA!!!. We are loving it too!!. You did awesome!!! We started off saying we were going to do c25k & did the first day then took off w/joining this running club & jumped right into weekly 5k's. Haha...so much for easing into it!! Oh well, we're all loving it & my kiddos are pushing themselves more each week (& so are we!) I agree Nachisdoll...that's tough stuff!!! It's between 96-105 degrees here & I couldn't imagine pushing anything...it's all I can do to push myself!!! Haha!!!. Kudos to you!!!

Great job, all!!!

2.5 miles today (plus Jillian's shred w/weights)...
  • simkat
    simkat Posts: 72
    Options
    3mi run and 2mi walk today.
  • PandaFAmBAm
    Options
    Did 2.9 Miles last night =)
  • PandaFAmBAm
    Options
    Thanks, KeriA!!!. We are loving it too!!. You did awesome!!! We started off saying we were going to do c25k & did the first day then took off w/joining this running club & jumped right into weekly 5k's. Haha...so much for easing into it!! Oh well, we're all loving it & my kiddos are pushing themselves more each week (& so are we!) I agree Nachisdoll...that's tough stuff!!! It's between 96-105 degrees here & I couldn't imagine pushing anything...it's all I can do to push myself!!! Haha!!!. Kudos to you!!!

Great job, all!!!

2.5 miles today (plus Jillian's shred w/weights)...

I totally feel for you I am in AZ and the weight is SO HOT and I have been pushing my 2 year old when my hubby cant run with me
  • angelawilliams29
    Options
    Ugh!! . The heat!!. It's good for making us sweat these pounds off though, I guess!!!

4 miles this morning...in the homestretch now...10 miles left!!!. What on earth!!?? Y'all know, I'd never have had a clue I'm doing that much if it wasn't for logging it for this challenge!!!
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Am having to take a few days off...Shin splints in my right leg...I am meant to rest a week or 2!!..I am going to try for 5 day..LOL..Walking is addictive!!!
  • nachisdoll
    Options
    i walked 3 miles today with a stroller and it is super de duper hilly! sometimes i had 2 kids in the stroller and for about 1/4 of my walk i had 4 and another 1/4 i had 3!!! u guys are doing amazingly!
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Broke 100 today. :drinker:
  • KeriA
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the shin splints Bethy and Sandstorms Panda. Congrats on breaking 100 Cyprian. I did my usual 3 miles today. It stopped raining just in time.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have been putting in about 2 miles every day. Sorry to hear about the shin splints Bethy and Sandstorms Panda. Hope you feel better soon

Pam