Paleo anyone? Vegan..?

Options
124»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Paleo is no grains, legumes, or dairy, not just no gluten. Choosing gluten free grains doesn't make something paleo. (Not trying to be argumentative -- I did paleo for a while. I don't think being paleo is better from a nutritional POV, and see nothing wrong with eating oats or bread, etc.)

I like what plant-based and good paleo diets have in common -- a focus on vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds, so on -- as well as the plant-based focus on legumes and other non animal based sources of protein and the paleo focus on sourcing animal foods and eating the whole animal. I just take what I like and incorporate them into my overall diet, since I don't think any of those things are unique to those ways of eating.
  • RumbleGirl
    RumbleGirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Helen, I'm late to the party but I'm what I call a "Paleo Vegan." (See Dr. Mark Hyman) Happy to collaborate. Feel free to friend me or whatever the term is here.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Veganism is not a diet. It's an ethical stance.

Nope. Sometimes it's food allergies [if you're vegetarian to begin with] or just a dislike of dairy, or both. I'm eating more and more vegan because dairy bothers my stomach and I have an allergy to eggs and absolutely hate the texture of meat.

Now as for meat eaters or non meat eaters, to each their own. Everyone has a reason as to why they eat they way the do, vegan or not.
    Veganism is not a diet. It's an ethical stance.

Nope. Sometimes it's food allergies [if you're vegetarian to begin with] or just a dislike of dairy, or both. I'm eating more and more vegan because dairy bothers my stomach and I have an allergy to eggs and absolutely hate the texture of meat.

Vegans also don't use anything made out of animal products.

Some do, some don't. Depends on the vegan. If you're not doing it for ethical purposes then wearing fur or leather I guess is permissible.

I can only speak for myself when I say it's not an ethical issue with me. The older I get, the more allergies I seem to have and it sucks. I was born allergic to eggs but the dairy thing is new-ish.

your posts are hilarious to me. You are so beyond wrong... vegans so not use or consume animal products and if one does they are not a vegan. it IS black and white. Good lord.