Lose weight without dieting!

Options
2»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    *Checks diary* my packed lunch today is 684 cals. So I'm eating double what I apparently should, yet amazingly I'm losing weight. I am a special snowflake.

Hey I'm a special snowflake too. :D
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Did you know that the average lunch order from a food court contains 600 to 800 calories, or double what lunch for a small woman should contain.

Um.... what? 600 calories is double what lunch for a small woman should contain? for serious? My lunch should be only 300 calories? Jeezum, I only weigh 125 lbs, but if my lunches were regularly only 300 calories, I'd friggin starve to death.

Their statement isn't so far off. If a woman doesn't exercise and should be eating 1600 calories per day, three 400 calorie meals plus two 200 calorie snacks would fill out her calorie allotment. To lose weight, she would need to eat less than that, so three 300 calorie meals with two 150 calorie snacks would be right on track.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I eat a bunch of small little meals throughout the day and then a big honkin' dinner, so my lunch is usually 200 to 300 calories.

However to think that I'd average is bonkers.

Ditto. I prefer to do a lot of my eating after 6:30 when I'm home for the night.
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ive been looking into this since its so hard to diet with my helath problems.

here is an interestign article. a big one for me is chronic stress.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12098/the-7-things-i-did-to-lose-220-pounds-without-dieting.html
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is that derpy really - sure, exaggerated click bait title, but sensible strategies nevertheless.

Of course they are just strategies or guidelines, you don't have to follow them to the letter - but they seem fairly solid ones for most people.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    It's about 50/50 useful and pointless. However, all of that advice is made completely useless by the intro where "without calorie counting or label reading" is put. But hey, I guess sitting down to eat and preplanning my meals will offset the fact that they are still 1200 kcals each, eh?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    It's about 50/50 useful and pointless. However, all of that advice is made completely useless by the intro where "without calorie counting or label reading" is put. But hey, I guess sitting down to eat and preplanning my meals will offset the fact that they are still 1200 kcals each, eh?

Of course not - and article isnt saying that.

That's taking one little bit of something out of context and then dismissing the whole.
    Just like, say, logging in MFP on its own wont work without also calculating your calorie allowance to eat to.

But if you were to pre plan meals, in conjunction with the other strategies, then it makes sound guidelines that probably would work for most people.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Holy necro thread, Batman!
  • allym979
    allym979 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree there was probably not much to write about that they came out with that article!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Holy necro thread, Batman!

Right? I saw it in the app and thought someone had the same avatar as me. I don't even remember starting this.