Swimmers out there?

Options
Calling any fellow swimmers, or pool goers, how do you deal with the chlorine? It's killing my skin!!

Replies

• Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Shower after you get out of the pool and lotion up your skin!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I read that vitamin c counter-acts the chlorine. Crush a tablet in water in a spray bottle. Spritz yourself all over after swimming. It seemed to help me this summer.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I just got TRISWIM anti-chlorine body wash, and ION anti-chlorine shampoo, and conditioner on Amazon. Love all of them! A good post-swim shower is absolutely necessary.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I used to swim (regrettably have not seen a pool in 12 years!) and I always used Paul Mitchell's Shampoo 3 afterwards to get rid of the chlorine. Also putting Aveda's Active formula oil in your hair helps too.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    There is a group on here called Swimmers! If you search on that the issue has certainly come up - (and we'd lOve to have even more swimmers of all levels and tyoes innthe group!)
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing. my brothers pool doesnt use clorine but a safer alternative. but I am planning on a membership to the Y and concerned. I have also read about 'swimmers teeth' mine are bad enough dont want to make them worse.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I spoke to my daughter about this as she is an avid swimmer (in the pool 5 times a week) and she said she still uses the PM shampoo 3 as well as the PM The Conditioner. She uses Aveda's Active formula in her hair on the weekends.

Hope this helps.