Does anyone else track progress using excel?

Options
I created a spreadsheet that graphs quite a bit of info as I go, but I'm always wanting new ideas and to add to my own.

Does anyone else do this? Would anyone want to share ideas or show their spreadsheet? I'm really spreadsheet-happy and wanted to know who else does this.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I track my measurements I excel but haven't done any graphs
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Yes I track daily weights, macros and calorie intake. From that I can calculate my average TDEE and see how different macros affect my scale weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I use excel to track the miles I have walked, run and cycled
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I use Excel to track my weight and net calorie intake every day and to monitor my weight lifting progress.

Compute only the 7 moving ave for weight and a 7, 15 and 30 day moving ave for cals. Just compute a simple comparative graph of the weights lifted for squats, DL, BP & OHP over time to monitor strength gains.

Thought about tracking protein intake as as well but didn't bother doing that.
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, Excel is king.

Date, weight, elapsed days, total loss, daily, weekly and four-weekly losses. BMI and target BMI per day. Projected weight and goal date at a rate of 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.6, 1.0kg/wk. BF% and FFM and seven day moving averages for those (only a BIA scale, so I know it's virtually meaningless). Weight conversions to lbs and stones for talking to those who don't use sensible measurements. Daily calories, macros and food goals with overall means, SDs and seven-day moving averages thereof. Comparison to NHS RDAs. Weight graphs with regression lines, r-squared values and regression equations.

Obsessed, moi?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    So.... where is the link to your spreadsheet(s)?

Here is one with some "random" example data (note that changing the body composition assumptions does create a significant difference. For example the "random" example would normally be configured for 1.75:1 to 1.85:1 loss and 1.5:1 gain.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14k_zGWeklpl05lNqSWN_SK1XzuwnmVHtUfW8Eao5kIE/edit?usp=sharing
  • rennickm1986
    rennickm1986 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't see a reason with MFP. I used to use Excel to track my Wendler stats because that required percentages but that's about it
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I use Google Sheets since it's easier to use on my phone.
  • mcbrainder
    mcbrainder Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Already got some good ideas. Once I figure out how to show mine here, I'll post a link.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I keep a monthly budget and I cycle my calories sometimes, so excel is a must. Sometimes I do structured intermittent fasting, other times, like currently, I just eat to satisfaction allowing calories to fall where they may, and then once I reach 1000 calories "debt" I would have a fast day. It's been a week and I haven't had to take a fast day yet, but it's coming soon I think, I have 720 calories in debt. Who knows, though. Sometimes I'm just not hungry enough and end up reducing my debt

i6nk3cfhzq67.png
    csvceleji4cv.png
    1.PNG 26.4K
    2.PNG 8.2K