Trying again

Options
Hey there! I'm Jen, I'm 31, and live in Florida. I was an avid MFP user, lost 65 pounds, but slowly over the last couple of years it's crept back on. That's just not ok! I'm looking for new friends to help motivate and encourage, someone to help me on my journey. Happy to help others any way I can!

Replies

• harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hello Jen. Those sneaky pounds are slippery aren't they , they can slip back on when we don't try hard enough to stop them! I don't know about anyone else.... I found that having been heavy any slight weight gain that was less than before is like "oh that's not too bad...I've been heavier!" The trouble with that is SUDDENLY you're back where you started (or WORSE) . And I have NEVER craved celery! When stress bites, do I crave a carrot? Am I reaching into tge fridge for some tangy rocket leaves? Am I heck as like. When celebrating a birthday, good thing(of any kind) or bored or worn out and emotional and in no mood to cook....do we say"hey babe, let's get some salad and some lean protein".
    No. No we do not.
    I know what I have to do. I do not have to lose 70 pounds. I have to change the habits of a lifetime. That is going to take some work.
    Best of luck. Xx
  • hmhteacher
    hmhteacher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I lost 85 pounds by exercising and tracking everything I ate with MFP. I have slowly put almost half of that back on. It's time for me to stop making excuses and get back to it. I do agree that it's easy to look at little gains with that idea of it's been worse. Boy how those little gains add up!!
  • Icandoit233
    Icandoit233 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Same here! I lost 40 pounds. And sadly within the last year and a half I gained 18 pounds. Im going to start using MFP more often and exercise!
  • canadia3
    canadia3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 which wasn't even my end goal, but I stop doing all the great things that I was doing. I'm starting to gain that 20 back after working so hard to lose it. I need to get back into things!
  • canadia3
    canadia3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing on their goals?
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Yes, how is everyone doing now?
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Looks like the OP left... sad. How are YOU doing Canadia3 ?