What about the saggy, baggy bits

Options
Hi, all. Happily, I am nearly there - I've lost nearly all the weight I planned to lose (yay!). Unfortunately, parts of mr that used to be fatter are now kind of slack and loose. Does anybody know some exercises for baggy bums and tums (I can't afford nips and tucks...)?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Skin can take up to a year to regain elasticity so you may just have to be patient and see if you tighten up
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mine never recovered fully, after losing a bit over 100 lbs. Unfortunately, them's the breaks for some of us. Hopefully yours decides to tighten back up over time.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    Options
    I understand drinking even more water than normal helps....just rumor. I am looking at the same thing...
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just a thought, but if you let your tatas hang, they would start to sag. Give the loose skin some support with something breathable and tight fitting under your cloths, like spandex, so that gravity doesn't keep pulling it down.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There are no exercises for loose skin, it can't be exercised.
    At age 65 your skin will have lost much of its youthful elasticity so although you may see some improvement you need to have realistic expectations over how much improvement will happen.

If your parents had great skin into their 60's then maybe you have good genetics too.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Loose skin's a raw deal. It can take a year or two to reach its final form, but... it's better loose than being filled with fat. That's my thinking on the whole thing.

I'd still have it nipped in a hot minute if a plane load of money dropped out of the sky, though.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Took over two years and a slow lowering of body fat to be happy with all my hard work in the gym. Eat right and lift weights is your only hope with NO guarantees. I'm about 20 lbs under (175lbs) my original plan 195-200. Its less expensive than counseling right..lol.. I'm 48-6'0 tall..
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Lift weights, build muscle. Squats & deadlifts for the bum.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting can help with sculpting your body but skin is skin and does it's own thing unfortunately

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • angelicscars
    angelicscars Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've lost 62lbs and only have 3 more to go, I have been left with a saggy belly that doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. Unfortunately, there is no magic cure, I'm going to aim to make a difference b y eating clean and upping my cardio. Good luck x
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I am thrilled to have a few sags and bags that used to be full of fat!
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I lost my first 60 lbs with no exercise. The drooping skin on my thighs was disgusting. I could literally grab it by the handful. Then I lost another 40 with daily strength training and my thigh droop is much better than it was 40 lbs ago. It's like the muscle building helped tighten the connective tissue quite a bit. Same thing with ab exercises improving my stomach. I know I'll never have the tight thighs I did as a teen, and my stomach hangover will always be there, but improving those muscles underneath goes a long way toward helping.

Edited to add--can't believe I almost forgot--tricep exercises almost completely eliminated the whole batwing thing.