Exercise for busy people?

Options
I work from 8am -- 5pm 5 days a week and I find it hard to go to the gym since it's about 35 minutes away.
Does anyone know any good at home work outs I could do to help burn calories?

I do own weights, but don't have ALOT of space, so preferably exercises I could do in a bedroom or small living room.

Thank you. :)

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Warm up with a 35 min run to the gym... ;)
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender, Pop Sugar, YAYOG, Nerd Fitness...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Walk/run/bike to and from work?
  • sineadt84
    sineadt84 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The Bodycoach (UK) has some great vids on home workouts xx
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What do you currently do with your evenings?

i have never been inside a gym.. i cycle. i walk, i run. all can be done from my front door.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    .....exercises I could do in a bedroom
    It's a trap! :wink:

But more seriously - dumbbell complexes will get you working hard. Squat, curl, shoulder press for example. Or add a burpee in there too.

If you feel the journey to the gym is wasted time then go less frequently but workout twice as long.
    (I do something similar at work, I trade my five lunch hours for three longer breaks which let me get to the gym and do a decent workout.)
  • purple18194
    purple18194 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    squats, curls, lunges (walking, reverse, curtsey, etc etc), bridges off the couch/bed, sit-ups (weighted or not), push-ups, etc etc etc etc, do a couple sets, go run around the block outside for 5 mins, come back to a few more, repeat, etc Or if it's getting too dark out in the evenings and you don't feel comfortable running (totally get that), grab a jump rope and jump rope outside for 5 mins at a time
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I workout every morning at home before work. There are so many videos on YouTube or you can get dvds. I regularly rotate between Turbo Jam and The Firm, but I also like Shaun T., Jillian Michaels, Cathe, Denise Austin, and Kendall Hogan. It is helpful to also have a variety of dumbbells (maybe ranging from 3-10lbs).
  • superstargalaxy
    superstargalaxy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Can you find a gym closer to your work? For me 5PM is rush hour and you could hit the gym and go home once that has settled down.

You could also workout at home if you don't want to drive 35minutes to the gym. P90x, BeachBody, Insanity, or even create your own tabata workout. There's a home workout for anything and you can find it online. :)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I use FitnessBlender if I want to work out at home - most workouts just require a set of dumbells