Weight loss/flabby belly at the same time

I had to be induced early due to the fact that my baby's heart had stopped beating, I had already gained around 20 pounds! This has been a few weeks, and she was my 4th baby. I'm already back down to 122. To me, that's way too small for my height. But, my belly is flabby and not seeming to tighten up. I've tried postin and not gotten any tips or anything. Nobody here seems to care and just tells me to get over it! I think I look gross and want advice on how to fix my belly and my weight. l2l9lx76fcsb.jpg

Replies

• CASEYSgirl93
    CASEYSgirl93 Posts: 42 Member
    I meant nobody in my household seems to care. ** not this app.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    You are seated, everyone has rolls when seated.
  • CASEYSgirl93
    I'll take a diff pic in a min. My compplaint isn't rolls when sitting. It's just that's it's flabby and not tightening and I'm losin weight.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    You had a baby, that may never go away. I'm 56 and had my first child at 16, I still have loose skin.
  • CASEYSgirl93
    It just went away with the other 3 is all, and I don't know why it won't go away this time. Thanks for replying though .
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    You might be losing weight, but the question is...
    Are you losing muscle?
    What kind of resistance training are you doing?
  • CASEYSgirl93
    I can really only do at home exercises, bc I'm a full time mom. Push-ups and sit-ups and all that aren't cutting it. I feel like you. Any feel muscle anywhere. And thanks, queenLiz, I'll read that in a second.
  • Chieflrg
    I'm a full time dad, just being at home doesn't mean you can't run a program to prevent muscle loss :).

Look into Convict Conditioning or You are your own gym programs.

Losing muscle might be weight, but not the weight most people want to lose. Ultimately you say you want to look a certain way. If you look that way, but the scale says you are ten lbs heavier would that bother you?
  • CASEYSgirl93
    No, it wouldn't bother me as long as I got my belly to look how I wanted it.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    To be honest with you, you look amazing for having your 4th child. I wish I had a body like yours. I would dye to have a body like yours. I only had one child and he will be 5 years old soon and my belly it a lot bigger than what you are showing in the picture. I would dye to have a flat stomach and no matter what I do I can never achieve it. I think you look amazing!!!
  • CASEYSgirl93
    Thank you!!! That's sweet! I guess I see my tummy differently than others may, cause I want it to look so much better in my eyes.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Strength train, do bodyweight exercises. Planks are great
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Not sure how old your baby is but you say you had the baby "a few weeks" ago. Skin takes time to shrink back down, be patient and give it several MONTHS- like at least as many as it was expanding being pregnant.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    edited November 2016
    You look fantastic- there's some stretch to your belly skin but your belly looks flat and way better than mine and I've never even had any kids! Count your blessings!!

For at home workouts check out fitnessblender on YouTube, they have fantastic at home workouts of many different styles- some with weights, some with body weight only. Many are only 20 minutes and the only equipment you need is an optional exercise mat. But they are also very challenging and a great workout!

Remember don't just do a bunch of abs workouts, it's important to work the whole body and strength & balancing type moves can work or improve the core as well or better than sit ups.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Not sure how old your baby is but you say you had the baby "a few weeks" ago. Skin takes time to shrink back down, be patient and give it several MONTHS- like at least as many as it was expanding being pregnant.

This.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member

This.

Double this. But surely you know this by the time you have four kids.
  • angiejim0415
    angiejim0415 Posts: 21 Member
    Thank you!!! That's sweet! I guess I see my tummy differently than others may, cause I want it to look so much better in my eyes.

Everybody is going to find something they don't like about themselves, whether it be they have a little extra giggle or skinny arms or a wide nose. Give it some time. It takes some women YEARS to get their prebaby body back, and some never get it back. You're one of the lucky ones. Most of it is probably just skin. I'm 4 weeks postpartum from my second and I've have plenty of skin that still needs to shrink back in addition to weight I want to lose.
  • Chieflrg
    I guess I see my tummy differently than others may, cause I want it to look so much better in my eyes.

Sometimes people might have a hard tIme seperating their personal goals from other people's goals.

Comparing oneself to others is somewhat dangerous. Your goal is legit and nothing wrong with it.

Find a resistance program like I mentioned, and work on retaining your muscle whIle losing fat and/or consider bulking to add muscle and work the sh1t out of the program. With patience you'll find what you want.

Good luck.

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    you might want to focus on recomp rather than losing weight - http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-basics-of-body-recomposition-how-to-lose-fat-gain-muscle-at-the-same-time/

but like others have said - give your body a chance to recover