Anybody want to do a "at your own pace, 28 day goal"? Like "drink my water goal daily" type of goals

Options
This year has been exceptionally difficult for me and I have fallen off of my fitness wagon. Last year, I competed in a 5k every weekend, ran and biked regularly and had lost 25 pounds. I then began school for my doctorate, my dad developed cancer, my 21 year old developed kidney disease, my sister died of a heart attack, my great niece gave birth to conjoined twin girls in May and they just passed away this month. Needless to say, I have been very stressed this year and focusing on my health has not even been on my mind. So, I ran a 5k last weekend and was only 5 minutes off of my usual time so all was not completely lost and is recoverable if I start running again during the week.

My question is, who wants to motivate each other to do simple things to get us back on track? Not like any large goals but maybe just to drink our goal of water each day, stay on our calorie goal each day, try to exercise during the week, lose a few pounds, etc? No specific goals just your own but to motivate each other during this really difficult eating time of the holidays which I would like to eat everything in sight.

Anyone with me? Post your simple goals and let's see if we can complete them by Christmas Day!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Just popping into say sorry about all the crappy things that have happened to you and your family. Hugs
  • SandraFitnow
    SandraFitnow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that hard time, I hope it gets better.
    I also need some support with goals I can't get over by my own (such as drink my goal of water each day or exercise every day). I'm sure you can do whatever you want to. I'd love to motivate each other, if you're interested just add me!
  • tbramos07
    tbramos07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im sorry to hear about all that has happened. I'd like to join with you on a goal. I would just like to stay away from sweets and just give myself 1 treat a week for the next 2 weeks!
  • calinaty79
    calinaty79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Goal: do 12 push ups, 10 dips, and 1 1/2 min plank daily
    Im all about little goals! I'll add on to this gradually.
  • me_loveorhate
    me_loveorhate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wanna kick the sugar! I was doing really well with it but the holidays came!
  • brahmergirl
    brahmergirl Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wanna kick the sugar! I was doing really well with it but the holidays came!

Mine is pop again. I was off of it for quite some time, now trying to get back to one 12 oz can a day then none by replacing it with water and some green tea.
  • brahmergirl
    Options
    Sorry about that hard time, I hope it gets better.
    I also need some support with goals I can't get over by my own (such as drink my goal of water each day or exercise every day). I'm sure you can do whatever you want to. I'd love to motivate each other, if you're interested just add me!

If I could just go for a walk for 30 minutes and drink my two bottles of water each day while at work, I would be halfway there! It's just doing it!
  • brahmergirl
    Options
    So, tonight I got on the treadmill and ran/walked for 30 minutes, drank my goal of water today and ate pretty heatlhy. Day 1 success!