December Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• laurenmXD
    laurenmXD Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this.
    My goal is to walk for at least half hour every day
    Basically just to get myself moving more.
    Good luck everyone x
  • KEPTBYGOD74
    KEPTBYGOD74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in, also! My goal is to walk 8,000 steps each day. I'm currently averaging 4,000. This challenge will give me an extra push.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Count me in! my goal will be 10,000 each day, I need to move more! I have my Fitbit ready :D
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i am up for it ... i actually just uploaded a couch to 10k app i intend on starting today
  • cariad137
    cariad137 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it! :) My current goal is 10k steps a day, so far I'm usually hitting about 8,5k.
  • juliasmith3
    juliasmith3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bexcity1 wrote: »
    How do u join a challenge?

I believe this group part of this app is an equivalent of a message board- so your in! I'm setting up the "group" and looks like we will probably move over there so it's more interactive and personal.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm a slug and often don't get 3000 steps! I'm setting a goal to double that, 6000 steps a day. That requires me to get up from my desk and take a lap around my floor every hour or so.
  • julisfit
    julisfit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for a challenge to end this year strong. My goal is to walk 30 minutes every day in December.
  • ktsmom827
    ktsmom827 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am ready to join this challenge. I usually walk about 5000-6000 steps at work. My goal is going to be 10000 steps a day. That way I will have to make an effort to walk to get to 10000 steps. :)
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Goals 42,000 steps for the week

11/28-12/4:
    12/5-12/11:
    12/12-12/18:
    12/19-12/25:
    12/26-1/1:
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    maryjay52 wrote: »
    i am up for it ... i actually just uploaded a couch to 10k app i intend on starting today

I could not recommend this course enough!!! I could not even run for 2 minutes without a break, after doing the c25k I can run 5k with ease and trying to get myself ready for the 10k version
  • patsyacs
    patsyacs Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I'm in- trying to 6500 steps a day or better
  • DJSpecialK
    DJSpecialK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have been off my game for a little while and I'm ready to get back to exercising! I have a Fitbit and my goal will be at least 10,000 steps a day!
  • ldville
    ldville Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm going to try this as my first challenge with a goal to work from one the treadmill desks @ my job 3xs per week for 30minutes. I hope I'll be able to surpass this goal each week. Starting small
  • RxDreamer2
    RxDreamer2 Posts: 30 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Skipper111 wrote: »
    maryjay52 wrote: »

I could not recommend this course enough!!! I could not even run for 2 minutes without a break, after doing the c25k I can run 5k with ease and trying to get myself ready for the 10k version

That's awesome! I'm on week 5 day 3. Just did my first 5K at the Turkey Trot and ran walked with a 41:13 time. I was so happy with that! And I can't wait to do more! And like you I hope to do the 10K program too.
  • RxDreamer2
    RxDreamer2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! I'm shooting for 10,000 5xs a week and 7,000 2xs a week.
    And I need friends! Lol! I sound so desperate.
  • juliasmith3
    Options
    Alrighty! I am going to attempt to add you guys to my group "All WALKS of Life" looks like it will be much easier to interact there- go ahead and join in, it'll be easier if you beat me to it!
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Here's the group if you want to go join...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/117198-all-walks-of-life

Thanks, Julia for setting this up!
  • juliasmith3
    Options
    Ooh I forgot to put the link up, thank you!!!!