favorite beer

Options

Replies

• Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Loving chocolate/coffee tasting porters & stouts.

Same here. It also reminds me of pepsi which I love but rarely drink.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Marqiiz wrote: »

That would be Coke for me. I had a diet yesterday because I wanted that "ahhh" moment. Not the same tho. LOL!
  • Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    Options

That would be Coke for me. I had a diet yesterday because I wanted that "ahhh" moment. Not the same tho. LOL!

You wanted the."ahhhh" moment with diet? Oh no no no lol Its like wanting Mexican food & you settle for taco bell haha
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Too many to have one favorite.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    bboyd223 wrote: »
    Not a huge beer connoisseur so I probably shouldn't be posting, but I do want to try this one.umiocgdrtf98.png

That sounds interesting! Might be too sweet for me though, but if try it.

Even as a Portland boy, I have to say that Rogue sucks... with the exception of Dead Guy.

On the other hand, I love EVERYTHING that Hair of the Dog does. This weekend, we bought two $20 bottles of cellared amazingness, including a bourbon barrel aged Fred (golden, strong ale) and a Flanders style red sour that was to-die-for good. Then there's Pliney the Elder from Russian River, Abbacus and Sucabba from Firestone-Walker, Sculpin and Grapefruit Sculpin... too many to choose from.

I've heard Founders is ridonculous and I can't wait to try some.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Derailed, It is a Cranberry Milk Stout by Indeed Brewing. SOOOOOO delish
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Impossible to choose just one!

One of my favorite beers ever is Old Rasputin (Russian Imperial Stout) from North Coast Brewing. Delicious on tap/nitro, mmm creamy...and a fantastic cold-weather, winter beer. I just went to a dark beer event at a local brewery here in Boise and sampled quite a few delicious imperial stouts. I reeeaaally want to try Big Bad Baptist from Epic Brewing...

In general, I like well-rounded IPAs, red ales are probably my favorite style, and I dig a good sour.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Tough call... but some favs ay3yh0s7cl4r.jpg
    66tozct61wuf.jpg
    7xfekuna5xl7.jpg
    2he03314h8vz.jpg
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    So many to choose from but I love Mad Elf
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Not a huge beer connoisseur so I probably shouldn't be posting, but I do want to try this one.umiocgdrtf98.png

Even as a Portland boy, I have to say that Rogue sucks... with the exception of Dead Guy.

On the other hand, I love EVERYTHING that Hair of the Dog does. This weekend, we bought two $20 bottles of cellared amazingness, including a bourbon barrel aged Fred (golden, strong ale) and a Flanders style red sour that was to-die-for good. Then there's Pliney the Elder from Russian River, Abbacus and Sucabba from Firestone-Walker, Sculpin and Grapefruit Sculpin... too many to choose from.

I live next door in Idaho, and I've been visiting the Rogue brewery in Newport since I was a kid (my parents are big fans). As I've gotten older and become a beer enthusiast myself, I personally find Rogue to be a little overrated. Admittedly, they're known for good reasons and I understand they were one of the first (class of '88, right?), but it's hard to keep up in today's market with so many great micro breweries popping up. I will agree that Dead Guy is an exception. Hands down, one of my favorite beers. I will always enjoy a Dead Guy.

I've never had Pliney the Elder. I see it on so many beer Instagrams. One day, but I'll probably have to arrange some sort of beer exchange or travel to pull that off.

Absolutely seconding on Ballast Point, particularly the Sculpin(s). Very expensive though! :\
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Founders is awesome
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My favorite beer is, and has always been, whiskey.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me crave a good beer.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    This thread is making me crave a good beer.

Its making me want to get some craft
  • anjulajj
    anjulajj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Belching beaver Peanut Butter

Belching beaver pb stout is in my top 10! Ugh but have you had belching beavers viva LA beaver??