30 yr old, 203 lbs, looking for a support buddy with similar goals

Options
Hi

I am feeling terribly low about myself. Every time I try to lose weight/change my lifestyle, I get about a week or so in then royally *kitten* up and then it's impossible to get back on track.

But I don't want this to be a negative post. I was wondering if there are any people out there who wouldn't mind being a support buddy of mine, and I can support you in return? I was thinking daily chats somehow/texts etc - really giving support in real time !

Sarah

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,802 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you , Sarah!
    Also feeling frustrated with myself. I'm 46 years old and weigh 213.4. Ready to tackle this with you. Today's goal is to log what we eat... this is one of my hurdles, but we can do it together!

Jill
  • pandabearretherford
    Options
    Sarah I'm 28 and 280 pounds and struggling really bad I need help too just to have the support would be amazing I have 5 kids they are 26,24,23,9,and 7 the 3 older ones are my siblings I took cusaby of them when I was only 13 and we have been on our own ever since I also have 4 grand baby's they call me auntie mowmow I'm not trying to say anything but this and I don't want sympathy I'm just trying to let you know about myself I've never had time for myself and now I'm trying to do just that I have a gr8 husband and he is there to support me but he too is struggling and we don't know what to do so if you would like you can add me as a friend and we can support each other but I will leave that to you hope to hear from you soon
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I'm Sarah also. I feel like I go about the same routine. I get really motivated, get on MFP, get in the gym... for about a month. Then life happens, work, kids (my bf's kids that don't live with him full time, but still exhausting to be around 3 kids under 6). I lose my motivation, gain 5lbs, hate that I gave up on myself.. maybe gain another couple... wait a month because I feel down.. and then start the cycle over.

I'm about 20 pounds from my highest ever, but about 60 above my lowest. I dunno how to make motivation come from the inside!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,802 Member
    Options
    Hi Pandabear!

We can do this together. I have 2 kids: 15 & 12. A wonderful husband and awesome dog...Roxie. Roxie is my walking buddy... always ready to go no matter the weather...we live in Michigan.

I had lost close to 40 pounds a few years ago, but gained 25 pounds back. What worked for me was logging what I ate, lots of water, and walking.
    I'm trying to get back into that routine again.

Jill
  • kraffty86
    kraffty86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. Let's make a group :) or exchange numbers - do any of you have whatsapp? We could have a fitness group and message each other throughout the day in real time. So support is there right when we need it? What do you think??
  • pippiheartsberry
    pippiheartsberry Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

Im 33 and weigh around 190lbs and am looking go get heathier and stronger as I get lean. We can do this. Ill send you an invite soon!
  • amandalyn44
    amandalyn44 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for real time support and encouragement too. I'm 29 and 16lbs from my heaviest ever point I few years ago I lost 72lbs by tracking my food and making small changes in physical activity(that I hate) everyday. I start up, mess up one day and just plain give up. Would love to join a group
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 28 201and need motivation and to motivate