Anyone have a lot of weight to lose?

Options
It's like a knife to the heart for me when someone who is 160-180 lbs says they don't know how they got so fat or so unhealthy when here I am needing to get down to that range.

If anyone wants to friend me who understands what it's like to have like 100 lbs or something close to that to lose, then please feel free.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I would love to support you. I have lost 105 pounds and have about 83 to go.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    hi! i only have about 40-60 lbs left to lose (depending on how i feel) but my highest weight was 300 so i know how you feel! welcome. dont get discouraged, try to focus on YOU and the steps you are taking in the moment. i always got excited about mini-goals and even gave myself rewards when i hit those goals (ie: first 15 lbs, a new purse, et etc)

good luck! you;re in the right place :)
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    I have 90 more pounds to go :)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I def hear what you're saying...it's like hearing a skinny friend say they are fat, you just want to poke your eyes out!

I started out with about 100 lbs to lose, and I am about halfway through...

Best of luck to you :)
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    double post... sorry.
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    :smile: I know what you mean. I still need to lose *at least* 120 pounds (and that'll only put me at 179 or so, so there's still lots to go after I get there!).
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It's like a knife to the heart for me when someone who is 160-180 lbs says they don't know how they got so fat or so unhealthy when here I am needing to get down to that range.

If anyone wants to friend me who understands what it's like to have like 100 lbs or something close to that to lose, then please feel free.

Same boat here! 180 is my current goal, with 150 being my long-term goal. I started in December at 255 and am currently at 233ish. Keep in mind that there are folks out there with even more than we have to lose who might look at getting down to our weight as a big accomplishment. We just need to focus on our own specific goals while being supportive to others (no matter their start or goal weights) in order to succeed! :)
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have a 100 pounds to lose....But weight loss is weight lost. I have 60 to knock off...You can add me if you would like.
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    I have over 200 lbs to lose...It was a shock when I saw that number, but I'm not looking at the big picture. I'm taking it 10% of my body weight at a time.
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you'll be there in no time! perfect place to be.. i have about 57-77 lbs to lose (like dipsl19 said, depending on my day).
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Me! Would love to offer support :-)
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    Well I'm only 5'. I should be NO MORE than 120 pounds. I'm considered obese at 154. And I was 159 just a few months back. YUCK. I should be wearing a size 3-5 jeans in juniors and am in a 13. I have a huge *kitten*, bug old gut. Nasty love handles and fat arms. I feel disgusting & need to lose 45 pounds. To me it's a big task, as I've been trying and failing for EIGHT years!!!!! I've just never allowed myself to go over the size 13, soon as they get snug, I start doing something about it.....I'm not happy at this weight, very uncomfortable, antisocial because I'm embarrassed of myself and have to wear sweaters and loose things to try and "hide" myself.
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have over a 100lbs to lose, so I know how you feel, but stay focused on your goals and you will get there!! add me a friedn if you like and we can help each other
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have a hundred pounds to lose, I'd love to support you and be your friend.
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have about 130 to lose total and I understand how you feel. I'm always looking for new friends that are in a similar situation as me. Please feel free to add me!
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have a 100 pounds to lose....But weight loss is weight lost. I have 60 to knock off...You can add me if you would like.

I agree!! I hate when people act like we shouldn't talk about losing weight just because we don't have to lose as much as them. I started at 180 but at 5'3" tall that is considered obese.
  • Lexie_86
    Lexie_86 Posts: 9
    Options
    I really understand where you are coming form, at my biggest I was 280 (and the rest) I lost 90lbs then put a load back on after and operation so I now have 60lbs to loose. So I'm here for the long haul and supporting you all the way xx
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just send a friend request. I have lots to lose and would be proud to proclaim myself a Loser (of poundage that is).
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have 100 to lose. Would be glad to have the support if youd like to add me as a friend!
  • TriumphantLife
    TriumphantLife Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use to weigh 305 and I have 57 to go. I know what you mean. When I was 305 lbs I felt like 180 would be awesome, what were they complaining about. I've tasted of the promise land at 138 so now I know what they mean because I feel like a house in a size 12 when I was a size 5. Just stay connected and focused. I know that some people here have negative feelings about weight loss surgery, but I have to ask, have you considered it? It changed my life! I fell back into emotional eating when my mother was diagnosed with cancer. I gained 68 pounds by the time she passed. Now I'm on the grind to get it back together. This site is full of very supportive people so log in everyday and hold yourself to what you say you want in your life!