bootea shakes, any success stories?

Options
So I'm trying the bootea shakes as a meal replacement. Just one a day either my breakfast or dinner depending on how my day plans out.
I was just wondering if anyone had tried them and if they have worked or helped anyone.

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    If this product contains senna (as Bootea does), it's just a laxative in shake form. Stay close to the bathroom.
  • laurenmXD
    laurenmXD Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've been taking them for 5 days and it hasn't made me go to toilets
  • Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    ive just brought the banana shake to have as snack inbetween meals as doing low carb and its hard to get 1280 cals per day, and it ups my protein intake.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Helped with what? Is your goal to lose weight? You need to be in a sustained calorie deficit to do this. Can you achieve that by subbing in some sort of shake that is marketed as a quick fix? Maybe, might be mostly water weight. Will you potentially spend an inordinate amount of unpleasant and unnecessary time in the bathroom? Probably. Will you learn anything about long term sustainable habits to ensure ongoing success? Not likely.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    They make meal shakes now? Guess laxative teas could only hold people's attention for so long before they realized what a *kitten* scam they were.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Weight loss shakes are just liquid food. They don't make you lose weight. I've tried the "liquid food" thing before and it was hard as hell to stick to.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yummmy - laxative shake. Yeah, I'll pass.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    If this product contains senna (as Bootea does), it's just a laxative in shake form. Stay close to the bathroom.

Bootea teas definitely contain senna, but their shakes don't seem to (this is the first time I've ever come across the weight loss shakes, so it's entirely possible I'm wrong on this). The macros don't look great to me, but if someone finds them useful then that's their choice.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Shakes can be easy and convenient.. if you like them go for it. But keep in mind unless you learn how to eat normal food and stay within your calorie goals, you'll have to keep drinking them to keep the weight off.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Liquids have never satiated me - unless they're high calorie, like milkshakes - so I'd rather eat every precious calories than waste them on liquids.

And anything containing a laxative for temporary weight loss (which has *nothing* whatsoever to do with fat loss) is nothing more than a scam. And sometimes a dangerous one at that. :(
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Did you know that conpany actually steals progress photos from sites like this as their own sucess stories?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Chlo92x wrote: »
    ive just brought the banana shake to have as snack inbetween meals as doing low carb and its hard to get 1280 cals per day, and it ups my protein intake.

At 20g of sugar a serve, it wouldn't have struck me as a go-to low carb snack?
  • laurenmXD
    Options
    The shakes I'm taking are different to the ones ur on about. They have just brought them out and they have no laxatives in. They are simply a protein shake to either have before a work out or a meal supplement.
    I asked to see if anyone had ever tried them not for abuse of people.
    You do whats best for you and I will do what's best for me and if u have nothing productive to say please don't say it.
    Thankyou
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    As a protein shake, you can probably find something better quality and less expensive.

Bootea has built its name and business selling people laxatives for weight loss and calling it a cleanse. They're pretty morally bankrupt and not very well respected at all.

Also, there's a big difference bewteen meal replacement shakes, and protein shakes. People tend to conflate the two.

This one, at 9g protein per shake is not particularly high in protein at all.

shake-nutritional-info_7a48dca4-427b-4aa7-957d-2f4b9ba7857a.jpg?2169

• laurenmXD
    Options
    As a protein shake, you can probably find something better quality and less expensive.

Bootea has built its name and business selling people laxatives for weight loss and calling it a cleanse. They're pretty morally bankrupt and not very well respected at all.

Also, there's a big difference bewteen meal replacement shakes, and protein shakes. People tend to conflate the two.

This one, at 9g protein per shake is not particularly high in protein at all.

shake-nutritional-info_7a48dca4-427b-4aa7-957d-2f4b9ba7857a.jpg?2169

What would u recommend then? Shakes work for me as I have a newborn and there quick and easy for me
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I would look at Huel shakes - I'm a big fan, they are vegan, the nutrition profile is excellent, the taste is OK (and a few additives improve it significantly) and it is pretty good value for money.
  • laurenmXD
    Options
    I would look at Huel shakes - I'm a big fan, they are vegan, the nutrition profile is excellent, the taste is OK (and a few additives improve it significantly) and it is pretty good value for money.

Thankyou