Body image

Options
Since starting my journey with weight loss I've had my ups and downs like everyone else but I never had this drastic flip flopping with how I see myself daily. One day I will be like "Wow I'm really feeling good. I look good and I feel good. This is awesome." and then the next 5 days will be constant "OMG you look disgusting. You're so gross. You're not doing it right." I won't even want to see myself in a mirror. And the negative lasts a lot longer than the positive. This just has gotten worse recently and I'm wondering if anyone deals with this type of thing. And how you deal with it. I'm trying my damnedest but I haven't been able to get it under control. HELP!

Replies

• Stacie215
    Stacie215 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sweetie, I think we all have thoses good & bad days. Whatever you arever doing on those good days to make yourself feel good, repeat it. Especially when the bad / negative days out weights the good positive ones. I'm sure every woman in the world has an area that she doesn't like. ERRRRR I CAN NOT STAND this muffin top, spare tire looking stomach. When it's tied down under a body shaper it's not to bad ;-). You have , we all have to love ourselves no matter how much we weight or our dress size. You are beautiful. #sizehealthy
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    It's not just you, I get it too. One day I look in the mirror and think I look awesome and the next day I think I look like I did 3 years ago.
    Unfortunately I have not learned how to deal with this BUT I have learned that it gives me extra motivation to work harder at getting where I want to be.
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have a sticky note on my mirror that says "Say Something Nice". If I catch myself saying something negative, I stop and thank my body for all it's been through with me. I've been unkind and abused my body and all it's ever done is fight the good fight for me. In fact, a year ago I was at deaths door with a very aggressive form of leukemia cancer and my body fought hard for me and won. That puts things in perspective about what's important. I'm so much nicer to myself now and my body image has changed a lot. Time to be nice to yourself! What do you like when you look in the mirror. Those stretch marks are my body's badge for giving me two children. Those eye wrinkles are because I've smiled and laughed and enjoyed time in the sun... BTW, after a year of no negative self talk allowed, I hardly ever catch myself saying unkind things.
  • LittleBitMeme
    LittleBitMeme Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    We all have those days or weeks even months of feeling down about ourselves. I said the other day... " I used to be a size 22, I just bought a pair of size 10 jeans. Why do I still feel like a size 22?" It's crazy the things we say to ourselves and it's hardest to change how we FEEL about ourselves. Take it one day at a time and remember that you're more then a pants size. We as humans are beautiful and amazing!