new here - hello!

Options
Hi everyone. I am desperate to do something, so....today is day ONE on MFP. A girlfriend of mine used MFP and shed many pounds. I am hoping to do somewhat of the same. I recently quit my job of 8 years, as the last 6 months were unbearably stressfull, and I self-medicated by eating. Ended up not only packing on the pounds, but...have major digestion issues!!! Now, I am just trying to take the weight off!!! I'm getting older (late 40's) and it just gets SO HARD! But, I'm not a quitter. Hoping having a support group will keep me from the evil comfort of desserts at night! (That is my downfall - I have a whole MOUTH of sweet teeth!)

Replies

• nonameclementine
    Options
    I'm new here, too, but I can tell that this definitely has worked for many, many people. I'm really excited to join up, and you should be, too. :)

Best of luck!
  • sallysue1978
    Options
    Hi,

I've just signed up tonight and it looks like a great way to lose weight.

Good luck :happy:
  • rlcott2231
    rlcott2231 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello
    You almost sound like a duplicate of me. I am early 40's, quit my stressful job of 7 years just 2 months ago and sweets are my biggest downfall!! I do fine with meals, its the snacking ( especially chocolate ) and that I love to bake that are my pitfalls!
    I had lost about 80 lbs several years ago and over time Ive gained about 30 of it back and Im just tired of it! So determined to do it and this site seems so user friendly compared to others Ive tried in the past. I have recently joined also and Im looking forward to the good I know that is to come.
    Would love to keep each other motivated!!!