200 lbs barbell hip thrust baby!!!

Options
serapel
serapel Posts: 502 Member
Hit my goal today.....booya! Took 5 months to get to this goal.

Replies

• thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Congrats but how many hip thrusts in a row can you do at this wt? If it's just 1 or a few reps, is this the proper objective?

FWIW, Bret Contreras ("The Glute Guy") recommends doing sets of 12-15 reps w/the max wt that will allow you to do that in order to achieve the most benefit in your glutes from the exercise.

See: https://bretcontreras.com/quit-going-darn-heavy-hip-thrusts-train-glutes-not-ego/

• jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Would you mind posting the progress pics? Are you following Strong Curves?
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm following a "Strong Curves" type program yes. A PT made it for me.

My progress pics are in my profile. You can see the first picture taken in the spring of 2016, 2nd taken August 2016 and the last taken October 2016.

I am a little "fat" right now, so I will post once I've done my cut after xmas. It's a little embarrassing to post a pic of myself right now haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!