Activity level help

Options
Doing SL5x5 3 times/week, zumba 4/week, desk job. What activity level should I use? Calculating TDEE. Thanks.

Replies

• BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What's your body weight goal? Lose weight, gain weight or maintenance.
  • Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Using scooby calculator, just not sure on activity level
  • BrianKMcFalls
    BrianKMcFalls Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go with moderate and then reevaluate the calculation after about 3 or 4 weeks.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Sedentary because desk job. Activity level does not include deliberate exercise.
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I would go with sedentary too, just log the exercise. If you're using like a fitbit or some sort of activity tracker, then REALLY use sedentart=y
  • Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    thank you for your help!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    jnord8729 wrote: »
    I would go with sedentary too, just log the exercise. If you're using like a fitbit or some sort of activity tracker, then REALLY use sedentart=y

If you're using any kind of activity tracker, then it doesn't matter what activity level you choose because the system will adjust things for you. But you must allow negative calorie adjustments for everything to work properly.

Activity level = how much you expect to do in a typical day. Since tomorrow hasn't happened yet, your guess is as good as anything else.

Activity tracker = how much you really did in a day.

If you put yourself down as sedentary, and then walk a marathon, the system will give you extra calories because you burned more than you said you would. This is ideal for weight loss and for health.

If you put yourself down as very active and don't get out of bed all day (maybe you're sick), the system will remove calories because you didn't really burn them. But only if you allow negative calorie adjustments. If you don't allow them, it'll just let you eat all the calories you expected to burn and didn't, so you'll stall your weight loss.