most annoying dvd trainer?

Options
13»

Replies

• kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    ok, i've been doing some old vcr's, and the most annoying thing is the trout pout on Cher. Pouty lips, that she keeps licking. Ugh! Also, susan powter is annoying, and denise austin, never breaks a sweat. That's annoying.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    definitely Richard Simmons.....
  • mflm
    mflm Posts: 10
    Options
    I don't mind Denise so much except the pilates tapes she does...be a little more condescending, I don't think you insulted me enough-- "turn your TOESSSS out like a BALLERINA!!!!"

Jillian. SERIOUSLY. WHAT. A. RUDE. POS. Don't yell at me. I just paid for your lunch with this DVD purchase.

Also, Windsor whenever she tells me I "will never make it" if I don't follow her steps exactly. Don't think you KNOW me just because I invited you into my living room.

Vote for fav trainer? Mine goes to Jennifer Kries.
  • JadeMarie78
    JadeMarie78 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Although I watched her daily years ago...Denise Austin!!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Jillian. OMG. I have the shred and even though I won't argue that it's a good workout, that woman ticks. me. off. I recently discovered the "shut Jillian up and just listen to the music" option on the DVD, but her choice of music ticks me off even more. My itunes list is my best friend when I do that workout.

I agree that the Zumba people are pretty annoying too. Berto and the chick, they come from a different world, I swear.

Erm, I didn't know who Denise Austin was so I googled her. Her pic on the pregnancy plus workout dvd gave me a good laugh (I swear I have nothing against pregnant ladies).
  • Emma422
    Emma422 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels hands down. i do the 30 day shred on mute and blast my ipod on my speakers , just hearing her voice throws me off, and i don't know if anyone else has noticed this but she only does like less then half of her own freaking work out!! oh and when i pause it she always has this death glare on her face its freakin scary ! i'm glad some one started this post cause i needed some where to vent about jillian and i was about to start one my self! all that being said i'm on day 7 of 30ds and have really dropped inches and toned up already! so me and jillian have a sort of love hate relationship to say the least
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Jillian! The sound of her voice just drives me up the wall! Now Shaun T on the other hand.... MMMM I love him!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Tony can get pretty old, pretty quick. I found myself popping ear buds in with ipod going doing those dvd's.

awesome workouts, but after 2 months, I was ready for something new in my ears.

I also drown him out. Lol. I am in love with him but his idioms get annoying. I plug in my iPod and turn up the stereo system, then I bring it!
  • taurus39
    taurus39 Posts: 26
    Options
    Doing the shred one day with my 6 yr old daughter watching and she asks "mom why does she act like a guy, does she want to be a guy or something?"
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Jillian! The sound of her voice just drives me up the wall! Now Shaun T on the other hand.... MMMM I love him!

Shaun T and Billy Blanks are both good!!
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The older lady, Donna, in Chalene Johnson's "ChaLean Extreme" videos :grumble: She bugs the heck out of me!!!
    SHUT UP, DONNA; these are NOT YOUR videos!! :laugh:
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has said Leslie Sansone and that annoying laugh..
  • koluvsmusic
    Options
    JILLIAN! JILLIAN! JILLIAN! :explode:
    JUST SEEING HER FACE ALWAYS MAKES ME CHANGE THE CHANNEL! EVEN IF IT'S JUST A COMMERCIAL. HER VOICE! LOL!
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    :grumble: Jillian, could she be any more irratating??? ARG! Can't stand her.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hmm, interesting, I don't find Jillian that annoying apart from being overly American (sorry...) but that happens and I'm thinking maybe the reason she bugs me less is she has virtually no exposure here apart from her exercise DVDs (UK) interesting...I'd say Davina McCall. As most of you are American you probably won't know who on earth I'm talking about - you are VERY LUCKY!!!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I will have to say Jillian.. I've never done her workouts. I can't even stand her 30 second commercial so doing a whole workout with her just isn't going to happen.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    last time i did it i found my self several times saying shut up to the screen....

LOL!! I can't elect anyone BUT Jillian b/c her 30 DS video is the only one I've used so far, but this comment made me laugh because after day 1 of level 2, when she says "see you tomorrow", the first thing that shot out of my mouth (w/out realizing I said it OUTLOUD until my daughter said "What?" was ........ "Not if I see you first!" LOL!!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I find Jillian quite irritating. She doesn't seem like she can ever have fun - it's all about working hard.
    I think injecting some fun into the workout, cracking "great" jokes like Tony Horton at least makes you realise you don't have to be super serious about exercising throughout the entire workout. You can have a laugh too!
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Now I'm older than dirt, but I have to say Jack LaLane( may he rip). He just seemed to enjoy grabbing women's thighs and buttocks to demonstrate a move way too much! And had a cocky attitude like he invented fitness.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Billy Blanks... I love his workouts but he never seems to be paying attention to what his group is actually doing behind him and gets ahead of himself, cutting exercises short to go onto the next thing. Also, he does more running around and talking than working out but still seems to get SO SWEATY SO FAST I don't understand it. I find his intensity really funny, though, but he gets annoying if I'm not in the mood