Seeing what I used to look like makes me....

Options
A little sad because I've let myself go but it also makes me motivated because I know I can be that size again.

Do any of you feel this? sdlxcwfvzrw8.jpg
79oxoel13gal.jpg
bylgub8qe2x9.jpg

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Looking at old pictures of myself, I am definitely happy to have made the decision to improve the way I eat and lose the weight. It doesn't make me sad persay...because even when I was lighter (scale weight wise), I was still fatter than I am right now, even being heavier than my lightest adult weight.

I would rather look the way I look now than the way I did when I was a higher bodyfat% but lower scale weight.
  • monicaamy902
    monicaamy902 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at pictures of a littler me last night for inspiration. I miss my little arms, smaller legs, skinnier face and smaller tummy. And it was only from 2 years ago!!! Ugh, I wish I could just take it off as easy as I put it on. But I am starting over today! I am feeling motivated today because I am a bit disgusted with my weight and how I look in my clothes, so today is a good day, so far!! I'm right there with ya girl!! And I think the best motivation for us are our own littler selves, not someone else's!
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    frf5bn6s0kun.jpeg
    x2i1pf3bspi8.jpeg

I see your derby photo and raise you an ab shot.

I'm using these images (not so much the glad to be out of that scene derby one) as motivation.

Looking at them makes me sad I put on weight, but also reminds me of what my body should look like, and why I feel so out of place with extra kilos.
  • tarynannemfp
    tarynannemfp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    frf5bn6s0kun.jpeg
    x2i1pf3bspi8.jpeg

I see your derby photo and raise you an ab shot.

I'm using these images (not so much the glad to be out of that scene derby one) as motivation.

Looking at them makes me sad I put on weight, but also reminds me of what my body should look like, and why I feel so out of place with extra kilos.

A fellow derby player! Woo!
    I've never taken an ab shot because I've never had abs hahah.

• LittleBitMeme
    LittleBitMeme Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ablm89dmxb84.jpg
    70li2xy1297e.jpg

When I look at old pics of me... like the first one I was about 200 pounds and scared too death that I would die parasailing because of my weight it drives me to where I am today and still getting better in order to climb mountains, sky dive and have a ton of adventures!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    five years ago i was 50lbs lighter than now ... lost 80 back then and gained actually 70 back ... im trying not to mull over it .. just got my old clothes out the other day and hung some up in view as my carrot to keep going.. doing all this with a fresh mind and the idea that getting healthier is not a miserable thing.. its just work like anything else we need in our lives and it pays off in the end
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed much, but I have gained five pounds since my profile picture coupled with a major decline in cardio. Seeing what I used to look like makes me FRUSTRATED because I feel it's impossible to carve out that kind of time in my day now to get those results - and eat like I want to. Some days I let this motivate me to try harder. Other days I just get pissed off and stew about it.