How many calories do you gain per day through exercise?

Options
124»

Replies

• TOXUTHAT
    TOXUTHAT Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I ride my bike to work 5 days a week. I gain 244 calories. If I have time for the elliptical I can gain another 750 calories. I still try to eat between 1800 and 2000 calories regardless, even with the extra calories.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This depends on the day of exercise planned... I run 5 miles 3 days and lift 5 days.. On the 6th day I run a long duration.. I burn anywhere from 400+ during the week to 700+ on Saturday alone..

Now what I do with these calories that are given to me is the key factor..
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    It varies. 250 (On my laziest rest day with minimal steps) up to 800. What I do with the calories varies too.
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    1-2000 kcal, depending on exercise volume, but probably 1000 on average. I use Strava and Fitbit, although usually the Fitbit is blanked out by the Strava data. I try to leave a fair number of calories on the table on big days, so I don't need to starve myself on rest days. I'll run 2500 miles, and cycle at least 3000, this year. Sadly, even at that volume of exercise, as I've gotten older, I find I can still gain weight (fat) if I don't count kcals.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Curious about this as well. In working 8 hours at a grocery store today and when I finally got a break grabbed a *kitten* load of ribs and had a free cupcake. Now I'm over lightly active by like 100 calories. Not gonna worry too much about it seeing as how I'm going crazy tomorrow but is that more than lightly active?
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    During the workweek, between 500 - 700 a day. These calories I generally horde for Friday/Saturday or if I know I have some trip coming up and need a big hole.