Morning or night......

Options
So I have been trying to get to the gym every morning and I do about 20-30 min on the treadmill and like 20 min of strength training.... but when i go after work I can do soooo much more! I did an hour last week on the treadmill and i felt amazing! Why cant I feel like that in the AM too?! Any tips?!

Replies

• HeatherSuzanne123
    Options
    I'm just the opposite, if I don't work out in the morning I am sluggish all day. On the rare occassion I do have to work out in the evening my workout is terrible. I have no energy, I'm tired, and can only do a portion of what I can normally do. I say stick with what works for you!! I'm not sure there is a "right" time!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Do you have to go in the mornings? can you go after work instead? from what I have read and learned it's not very critical when you do exercise; it's totally personal choice.
  • tgumeebee
    tgumeebee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I find I have more energy to do my walking in the mornings but I cant get my bum outta the bed.......lol
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    This is from Women's Health magazine.

If you have your pick of any time of the day, the late afternoon would be your ideal workout window. Muscle strength and the body temperature both peak somewhere between 4 and 6p.m., allowing you to work out harder with less effort. And you've eaten breakfast and lunch, meaning you'll have much more fuel in your tank.

Also, your threshold for pain is at its highest, in the afternoon and your mental clarity is still there. Of all the different variables, the most are in place at that time of day.
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough I actually read an article today that it's easier to workout in the evening, i think it said about 4-5 is the optimum time. I can't remember exactly what it said but it mentioned because you have more energy, eg because you've eaten more meals before working out etc
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    haha, that's exactly what I read earlier, was trying to remember where. thanks!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    This is from Women's Health magazine.

If you have your pick of any time of the day, the late afternoon would be your ideal workout window. Muscle strength and the body temperature both peak somewhere between 4 and 6p.m., allowing you to work out harder with less effort. And you've eaten breakfast and lunch, meaning you'll have much more fuel in your tank.

Also, your threshold for pain is at its highest, in the afternoon and your mental clarity is still there. Of all the different variables, the most are in place at that time of day.

Awesome!! Im glad you posted this! And it makes perfect sense!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love working out at night...that way i can bust my *kitten* and then go home and die on the couch