Any other vegans?

Options
Hello,

I'm looking for some fellow vegans to befriend on here and maybe swap recipes etc. Add me if you are interested.

Claire.

Replies

• anniebass68
    anniebass68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I follow a vegan diet if you would like to add me!
  • LogosEther
    LogosEther Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan and my food log is visible to friends, add away!
  • pippiheartsberry
    pippiheartsberry Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Im aaaalmost vegan except that Ive started eating eggs again. I use dairy only as a treat and almost never on a day-to-day basis. Shall send you a request. Thanks!
  • beebee200
    beebee200 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, similar to the poster above I am almost vegan. I put milk in my breakfast tea! Will send request.
    B
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm a vegan*, so you can add me, but I don't really... cook, as such. ;)

*Except for honey- so technically "beegan"?
  • Cocoa_Jean
    Cocoa_Jean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just hit my 90 day vegan mark. I do not really track since my weightloss has been so awesomely steady, but I still come for the emotional support and I have created some really awesome accidents!
  • VeganFaceHole
    VeganFaceHole Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Vegan here! :D
  • laurel_gets_fit
    laurel_gets_fit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    vegetarian here, but looking to go vegan in the near future! I'd love to add some vegans for diary insp. :smiley:
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Me too, vegan for about 2 years, vegetarian for way longer. Can't figure how to add friends from my phone but anyone on the thread wanting another vegan buddy plz add me.
  • Kaycham
    Kaycham Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Vegan for eight years, though have been slipping up here and there lately. Would love to be friends and encourage each other! :smile:
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'm strict about is vegetarian (12 years), but I eat vegan probably 80% of the time during the week. Would love to swap recipes and such too! In particular, I've been trying to find vegan recipes that give me the calories/protein intake I need without making me waaayyy full and unable to move, if that makes any sense haha. I didn't have to worry about this as much when I still ate dairy. But I absolutely love following a plant-based diet!
  • MrsBAT
    MrsBAT Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just went back to being vegan in August :smile: Whoever wants to can add me if you like. My diary isn't open, I don't think, but I rarely use it these days because my weight loss has been steady for several months now, but I wouldn't mind recipe-swapping.
  • michelle_cranston
    Options
    :p vegan wave
  • TomBrandao
    TomBrandao Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well I'm am semi vegan (due some reasons still eat tuna and eggs)
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    There is no "semi-vegan" or "almost vegan." Being vegan requires strict adherence to not just a totally plant-based diet, but to a philosophy of never benefitting from any animal product. No leather shoes or purses, no wool clothing, no eating honey, etc.

If you eat a totally plant-based diet but don't follow the philosophy, you're vegetarian, not vegan. If you eat eggs, even occasionally, you're ovo-vegetarian. Use dairy but don't eat eggs, you're lacto-vegetarian. Consume both eggs and dairy, you're lacto-ovo vegetarian. Eat a little fish or meat here and there for your health--you aren't even vegetarian.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    There is no "semi-vegan" or "almost vegan." Being vegan requires strict adherence to not just a totally plant-based diet, but to a philosophy of never benefitting from any animal product. No leather shoes or purses, no wool clothing, no eating honey, etc.

If you eat a totally plant-based diet but don't follow the philosophy, you're vegetarian, not vegan. If you eat eggs, even occasionally, you're ovo-vegetarian. Use dairy but don't eat eggs, you're lacto-vegetarian. Consume both eggs and dairy, you're lacto-ovo vegetarian. Eat a little fish or meat here and there for your health--you aren't even vegetarian.
    Yeeeeeeeeeeess, but this is a diet forum, i.e. the focus is on diet. If one is looking for tips and suggestions from other users on eating a wholly plant-based diet, the other users' clothing choices are neither here nor there, and designating people as vegetarian/vegan in the context of nutritional advice based on whether they wear woollen jumpers is just going to make everything awkward for everyone.

If you are a vegan yourself, do you think posts like yours further animal welfare? I know full well the annoyance of "but vegetarians/vegans eat fish/chicken/free-range eggs! Lisa at work is a vegetarian/vegan and she does", but no-one here is claiming that their exceptions count as vegan. It's a completely different situation.

And in this context, there are certainly "semi-vegan" and "almost vegan" diets. I dislike more-vegan-than-thou competitiveness, anyway; leads to rude teenagers mocking the commitment of almost entirely vegan and vegetarian pensioners (whose efforts are the very reason that vegetarianism and veganism is so easy today) because they bought a wool dress or bought some school photographs or had some Cadbury's Roses at a Christmas party a couple of years back. It's just ungrateful.

I'm far more strict on the matter of wool and leather than my mother is, but I wouldn't dream of telling her she's not a proper vegan for that. Not even during the almost ten-year period when I went honey-free myself and met all the criteria. Like I said, millennial vegans should not stick their noses up at the people who took the flack when veganism was truly considered extreme.

• vegangurl70
    vegangurl70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    vegan here from canada montreal
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Vegan from Newyork (:
  • vernalwicks
    vernalwicks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love being a vegan! I feel a little guilty because you would think I should not have weight challenges being vegan, but I do....I am going to be honest with myself and work on this for one month...December...thank you. Verna