Space

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Or you attach a giant laser beam on the planets head and call it a day. #TheForceAwakens #SharksWithLaserbeamsAttachedToTheirHead
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    CNN has a documentary interviewing military brass about space. :/
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I understand it, now. The color gray. I've got a strong feeling I'm on the right path.
  • cee134
    Options
    A red sprite above the white light of an active thunderstorm

h256a1rhr536.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    A View of San Francisco’s Leaning Tower From Space

New satellite data showed the city of Pleasanton, bottom right, rising as well as movement along the Hayward Fault, running north-south on the center right. Green indicates no detected movement. Yellow, orange and red indicate where structures are sinking. Blue represents rising sites. Credit European Space Agency

0dlfvj0scwcm.jpg

Colored dots represent targets observed by the Sentinel satellite radar. Green dots are stable targets. Red dots, seen on the Millennium Tower at center and Salesforce East behind it, are targets that have sunk. Credit European Space Agency

axe4zpvmj8zv.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    The left "lobe" of Pluto's heart-shaped feature is a 600-mile-wide (1,000 kilometers) ice plain known as Sputnik Planitia.

But a new study suggests that the ice buildup came first and the accumulated material eventually pushed the underlying landscape down, much as Greenland's enormous ice sheet has done here on Earth.

zzsxbq95194l.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    Because the earth rotates, and revolves around the sun, and the sun moves around the center of our galaxy, which moves through space itself, you will never be in the same place twice. Ever.

• thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Because the earth rotates, and revolves around the sun, and the sun moves around the center of our galaxy, which moves through space itself, you will never be in the same place twice. Ever.

Cool thought.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    The left "lobe" of Pluto's heart-shaped feature is a 600-mile-wide (1,000 kilometers) ice plain known as Sputnik Planitia.

But a new study suggests that the ice buildup came first and the accumulated material eventually pushed the underlying landscape down, much as Greenland's enormous ice sheet has done here on Earth.

zzsxbq95194l.jpg

I object! Speculative.

(He he he. Just kidding, although I'm not:-). :)
  • zenaxe
    zenaxe Posts: 203 Member
    Options

Nah I'm sitting in the exact same place i sat in yesterday
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Do you think it would be like the devil's lettuce?

jo0w08781y4b.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    Stellar 'Circle of Life' Captured in New NASA Photo

The life cycle of stars comes full circle in a new photo taken by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory and the Smithsonian's Submillimeter Array (SMA), which may reveal new clues for studying star evolution.

gp5v5o9r5wj6.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
  • cee134
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    Maximus wrote: »
    does a planet have enough raw materials to build that?

How much wiring? And drywall?

No, no, no, you find the planet made of steel then machine it down to a Death Star.

I may not be smart man but I do know what planets are made of.

I don't understand, is Maximus banned or not? How did he come back and then get banned again? What's going on?
  • cee134
    Options
    As Cassini nears the end of its mission, it continues to beam data back to Earth, including this image of Saturn, its rings and the tiny moon Mimas. The craft's wide-angle camera captured the image of the sunlit rings on July 21, 2016.

iohk5tmtv4ot.jpg