Vegan

Options
Anyone else on here eating vegan or plant based to lose weight?

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Yes. But its just as easy to eat over your calories as it is every other way of eating.
  • SideshowTam
    SideshowTam Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes there are loads of people eating vegan on here! Some for weight loss, though most for ethical reasons. If you scroll through the groups page you will find a bunch of groups in which you can find a lot of information and support.

I avoid meat, dairy and eggs 97% of the time, so if thats good enough for you, feel free to add me! I log every day and am happy to help motivate you if you think you need it :)
  • boxa00
    boxa00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm vegan most of the year (not all). Ethical reasons.

I find it hard if you are counting calories. The only thing that makes me feel full is carbs and the calories add up very quickly

Feel free to add me.
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm meat-free and dairy-free, although I still eat eggs. More for ethical reasons than weight-loss reasons. Just look at all the vegan dessert recipes on pinterest, there's still plenty of chance to gain weight even on a plant-based diet!

You're welcome to add me if you like :)
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Going vegan won't help you lose weight unless you watch calories like with any other type of eating.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan -- we lose weight the same way anyone else does, through a caloric deficit.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Veganism is an ethical choice, not a dietary one. In any case, you won't get special weight loss powers simply because you aren't eating animal products.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Veganism is an ethical choice, not a dietary one. In any case, you won't get special weight loss powers simply because you aren't eating animal products.

tumblr_m1ixmvLRAr1qcb58yo1_500.gif