Insanity

Options
Anyone currently doing insanity?
I'm week 3 day 4, 9lb lost so far

Replies

• AprilSue
    AprilSue Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats. I'm on day 2. Haven't been able to make it through the entire workout yet. I've done it before a couple years back and have had great results. I am doing the second half of the program the max workouts
  • jarose79
    jarose79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm using Max 30, lost about 8 lbs with it and tracking with MFP, now using the Tabata Power video about 3 - 4 times a week to try and get some tone. Seems to be working. I had my first real weight loss a few years ago when I used the original Insanity (the one in the gymnasium) videos. Lost about 12 lbs then. Love Shaun T's videos. Even doing the same one multiple times a week, it's not boring.
  • heartsomething
    heartsomething Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for beach body on demand and am going to start insanity today!
  • justinmclaren235
    justinmclaren235 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Excellent, I'm starting week 4 today, lost 12lb so far
  • EmilieUK
    EmilieUK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm on week day 2 done. I started on a Monday. Are you following the nutrition plan as well?
  • justinmclaren235
    Options
    @EmilieUK well done, I'm on recovery day now week 4, I started on a Sunday. My routine is, workout 6am, eat a bowl of porridge & protein shake, snack a couple bananas at 10, eat bacon, sweet potato & avacado on ryvita for lunch, bout 2pm have another protein shake, for dinner I have meat or fish with loads of veg, just before bed I'll have ryvita with healthy peanut butter. I didn't read the nutrition plan but the idea of the way I eat I got from a Shaun t interview. So far I've lost 13lb so it works. Keep me posted with your results
  • EmilieUK
    Options
    @justinmclaren235 wow! impressive results. I don't seem to be losing weight but I feel stronger. How do you manage to workout before breakfast?? I think I would pass out if I tried. I don't follow the nutrition plan and I'm not really into protein shake... I 'm trying to stop diairy and have lot of vegetables. I don't think I have a lot to lose but if I could lose 3 to 5 kg (6.6 lbs to 11 lbs) by the end of the programm that would be great!
    I've just finished day 23 ( plymoetric cardio circuit)!! Where do you live? I'm in Dublin Ireland.
  • EmilieUK
    Options
    EmilieUK wrote: »
    Hey I'm on week day 2 done. I started on a Monday. Are you following the nutrition plan as well?

I meant to say week 4 :)
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Nice work everyone. I've done Insanity and Max 30 multiple times. I am currently on a hybrid of Insanity and The Asylum 1/2, mixed in with strength training. Shaun T is one of the best motivators out there in my opinion. Keep up the good fight!
  • justinmclaren235
    Options
    @singletrackmtbr excellent, I'm moving onto asylum a couple weeks after I've finished insanity. @EmilieUK I have a mug of espresso pre workout. From Kent, eng
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    @singletrackmtbr excellent, I'm moving onto asylum a couple weeks after I've finished insanity. @EmilieUK I have a mug of espresso pre workout. From Kent, eng

It's a bit of an acquired taste, but Asylum is just awesome. If I could only do one program this would be it.
  • singletrackmtbr
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Open it! Max 30 can be implemented with a strength program unless you are trying to gain size or muscle. I alternate Insanity programs with strength every other day and I've been happy with the outcomes.
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    mij140 wrote: »
    Max 30 can be implemented with a strength program unless you are trying to gain size or muscle. I alternate Insanity programs with strength every other day and I've been happy with the outcomes.

You look great! I may have to start alternating IM30 with weights.

Thanks! As always there is plenty more work to do...