Grey_1 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I sort of predicted the long drought we had as sort of a calm before the storm (no pun intended) or it was either we were gonna have a really cold winter this year. :)
    What's cold for you? 60? :D

Ha ha ha.. While yes we have mild winters, depending on that El Nino or La Nina .. having low teens and possible sustained over Jan/Feb is more like I am talking.

We have not seen any real snow in years.. that actually might be nice (for about 2 days)... :)
    Heh - you can have our snow. And the teens temperature. Wanna trade houses? You folks would love it out here! o:)

I just want snow for 1 or 2 days.. We are not equipped here for any snow. After having our power out due to that straight line wind I talked about, I don't need power issues again.. That was rough!

Do you live in an igloo in the winter time????

It only feels like an igloo lol. We would both much rather have 50s or warmer. 10 (or less, especially wind chill) is just lousy.

I don't exercise when its 10... LOL LOL
    I heard just staying warm burns calories...or something silly like that. My wife thinks I have a screw loose, some mornings if we have a lot of snow I'll shovel instead of getting the snow blower out. Gotta stay active, ya know?

Actually this is a true fact! Add in fidgeting too and your NEAT goes up tremendously!

I'm the one with a screw loose.. :#

What does that mean? You think I'm neat? <3

B)o:)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I sort of predicted the long drought we had as sort of a calm before the storm (no pun intended) or it was either we were gonna have a really cold winter this year. :)

Ha ha ha.. While yes we have mild winters, depending on that El Nino or La Nina .. having low teens and possible sustained over Jan/Feb is more like I am talking.

We have not seen any real snow in years.. that actually might be nice (for about 2 days)... :)
    Heh - you can have our snow. And the teens temperature. Wanna trade houses? You folks would love it out here! o:)

I just want snow for 1 or 2 days.. We are not equipped here for any snow. After having our power out due to that straight line wind I talked about, I don't need power issues again.. That was rough!

It only feels like an igloo lol. We would both much rather have 50s or warmer. 10 (or less, especially wind chill) is just lousy.

I heard just staying warm burns calories...or something silly like that. My wife thinks I have a screw loose, some mornings if we have a lot of snow I'll shovel instead of getting the snow blower out. Gotta stay active, ya know?

Actually this is a true fact! Add in fidgeting too and your NEAT goes up tremendously!

NEAT is neat! seriously..NEAT is part of your daily calorie burn!!!

How this relates to weather now? I dunno.. LOL
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

NEAT is neat! seriously..NEAT is part of your daily calorie burn!!!

How this relates to weather now? I dunno.. LOL

Aw I took it as a compliment! :disappointed:

:D LOL!
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Rain for the second day in a row, but not to cold. B)
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    1 degree, -11 windchill and I'm about to go run in it.
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    This morning it was cold enough to see my breath. My 7 yr old found that fascinating lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    We've finally gone into normal winterish weather around here...most of November we were still seeing highs in the 60s and even low 70s...Thanksgiving weekend someone flipped a switch...we literally went from 60s to 30s and snow flurries in a matter of a three days. Today is supposed to be upper 30s....lows around 18.
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Cloudy, 50s which is good, rain headed our way. Been a pretty mild fall going into winter so far.
  • njself0713
    njself0713 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    4°F, wind chill -11. It's warmed up 5 degrees already since leaving for work this morning, possible snow tonight :) YAY!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    Plus 12 in Ontario Canada. it should be minus something with tons of snow. but I want it to snow, I want to snowshoe!, and ski!, skating has started tho!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    A mullet. Dry in the front, all rainy in the back. :disappointed:
    We have not seen any rain in months and have been in a massive drought.

Jealous. And not jealous.

EDIT:

snow1.tiff
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Here in the desert an occasional rain is welcomed. However right now it is (for this area) down right cold in the low 60s (15C)
  • RoxieDawn
    edited November 2016
    Options
    A mullet. Dry in the front, all rainy in the back. :disappointed:
    We have not seen any rain in months and have been in a massive drought.

Jealous. And not jealous.

EDIT:

snow1.tiff

I am NOT jealous of ice. We don't know how to drive in that around here..

Traveling to Chicago a few years back I drove in black ice as a long stretch of highway I just got on was shutting down. I traveled about 1 foot every 20 minutes and took me 5 hours to get to a hotel, which was not my hotel cause you could not get to it..I had to get another hotel... LOL LOL MISERY for a southerner.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Northeast Kansas- Cloudy, currently 36°F, high of 41°F for today, somewhat windy.
    Supposed to be sunny the next few days but maybe rain next week.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Cold I don't know temp but it's cold
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Its now 75 degrees and really sticky out side.. Line of storms is about 10 miles away.. Its clear behind the storm and cooler to be in mid 60's before sunset.

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    ^^^^ I can't stop watching that...