Strong Curves or New Rules of Lifting For Women?

Options
Which one should I get? I don't have access to a gym but have dumbells up to 22 KB per hand, a barbel with 50kg, and kettlebells up to 20kg.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your thread dropped to the second page in the General forum so I'm not sure if you saw the replies:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10484065/new-rinor-string-curves
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm aware but someone recommended that I post it here for more replies. Thanks
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Without access to a gym, I'd say Strong Curves. New Rules (from what I remember) had a lot of exercises that you'd need gym equipment for. I'm sure you could sub out the exercises for what you have at home, but with Strong Curves, you really don't need a lot of equipment to start.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have both books. I borrowed them from the library and liked them both for different reasons so I purchased both. I chose doing Strong Curves first because it has a bodyweight/ at home workout. I purchased a pair of suspension straps, a pullup bar, and some pullup assist bands. I think that you can find plenty to do at home with Strong Curves, your existing equipment, and maybe one or 2 more small pieces.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Also: I found many cheap, used copies of NROLFW online, and only spent a few dollars on it.
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    If you want bootie, Strong Curves
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I write a blog about fitness - this week I posted an article about basic home fitness equipment. MFP won't let me post it here, but if you're interested you can message me and I'll send you the link. :)
  • Baydogger
    Baydogger Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I've started using Strong Curves and like it a lot - easy to use for home workouts.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I just got NROLFW and have read or scanned most of it. I will be doing a home gym and the only thing I have to modify is lat pull down. I have up to 45# dumbbells and a 5ft bar. I also have dumbbell bars that you put plates on, for more increments not covered by my dumbbells. I got the bar mostly because I want to do deadlifts, I don't have room for a squat rack so it's use is limited and not absolutely necessary. You can do everything with dumbbells and a stability ball (instead of bench) or aerobic step covered with a mat. NR gives lots of variations on exercises.
  • Zarka_91
    Zarka_91 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves.

I think NROL was just too fiddly.
  • worldlymaret
    worldlymaret Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in stage one of NROLFW, doing it all at home. I don't have a stability ball, so I'm swapping out a couple of exercises. I have dumbbells and a barbell and I feel like that will get me pretty far with this programme! Who else is going NR at home?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves.

I think NROL was just too fiddly.

I agree with this. NROL is a good read though.