DECEMBER 2016 STEP CHALLENGE

Options
lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
It's the last month of the year and a fresh, new challenge!

Our challenge is to do 10,000 steps in a day. You can do this for any one day or try for the entire month. Jump right in at any time! You can set a lower or higher goal if you wish. Our main goal is to keep activate every day!

It's easy to join - Just post here to begin!

You will need a step counter to keep track of your steps and then post your results daily here.

Welcome to our Monthly Step Challenge!

Replies

• PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm in, and looking to average 9000 steps per day, over the course of the month. Last month, my average was 8601.

And I have a question for those of you with high step counts... How are you getting them all in? Are you actually walking? Are they treadmill steps, bike "steps", running steps, etc?
  • tray191
    tray191 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm In Dec 1

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options

PriceK01 wrote: »

And I have a question for those of you with high step counts... How are you getting them all in? Are you actually walking? Are they treadmill steps, bike "steps", running steps, etc?

2191610q208gshr57.gif

I go to bed as early as possible so I can get up super early and walk for an hour or more before showering and dressing to go where I go in the morning....I meet my friends for a walk rather than for a meal or a beverage.

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    I'm in! excited!
  • GingerPwr
    Options
    I'm in, and looking to average 9000 steps per day, over the course of the month. Last month, my average was 8601.

Hey! I have a step counter on my phone and just keep it on me throughout the day. I do treadmill or walking in the neighborhood a few days a week, but other than that, I just keep my phone in my back pocket and check it at the end of the day.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 350,000 steps in December.

I have a Fitbit. My DH and I walk five days a week for 5+ miles each day.

12/01
    12/02

Chris
  • duncan04
    duncan04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I always strive for 10K steps...some days it's just exhausting to get them in...but I am in for the challenge
  • charlottebourne2
    Options
    I'm in!! Sounds great
  • GingerPwr
    Options
    9290 today. Sat a lot more than I usually do at work.
  • juliannetryon
    juliannetryon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in :)
  • fit_caligal
    fit_caligal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • barbiecat
    Options

2191610q208gshr57.gif

December 1--11,394 steps

• ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm in and my goal is 12,00 sets a day.

12/11- 13,767
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    It's the last month of the year and a fresh, new challenge!

Our challenge is to do 10,000 steps in a day. You can do this for any one day or try for the entire month. Jump right in at any time! You can set a lower or higher goal if you wish. Our main goal is to keep activate every day!

It's easy to join - Just post here to begin!

You will need a step counter to keep track of your steps and then post your results daily here.

Welcome to our Monthly Step Challenge!

I get a lot of mine from walking my kids to and from school.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options

My steps sometimes are "bipolar." LOL -- meaning a lot one day and not many the next. I have a sit-down job and work four 10-hour days. I have a Fitbit and wear it all the time (except for sleep). When I have a lot of steps, it's through walking for exercise (treadmill at gym or outdoor walk). Lately, I have been wearing it when I go on the stationary bike, too. Treadmill/walking really helps with the steps, though.

I used to strive for 10,000 steps but then at one point cut back to 7000 because I wasn't getting enough exercise. then bumped it up to 8000, and for the past 3 months or so I've been back at 10,000. Some days I feel it is too hard to get them in and other days it's easy...just depends on my exercise. The main thing is to get moving and do what feels right for you.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Goal is 10,000 steps

Dec 1 -- 5833
    Dec 2 -- 9586
  • barbiecat
    Options

2191610q208gshr57.gif

December 1--11,394 steps
    December 2--14,088 steps

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Ok. Have a new phone with a step counter... am in!
    1 Dec 2352
    2 Dec 9070
    3 Dec 11412
  • GingerPwr
    Options
    Dec 1 - 9,290
    Dec 2 - 7,008
    Dec 3 - 10,720