WATER...The Wild Card to Weight Loss!

Options

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    WOW! I didn't think drinking a lot of water would do much for me...guess I was wrong! I'm DEFINITELY gonna try to drink more water now! This will probably help me with my exercise! Thank you Fitness_Chick! You really informed me of the importance of water! I'm going to quit being lazy about drinking it now and make more of an effort!:drinker: :drinker:
    Isn't it just amazing what a simple glass of water can do for our bodies and minds? Water impresses me!:love:

Glad you found the article helpful Violet:flowerforyou: :wink:

Oh I do so love your Margaret Mead quote... very cool and very good reminder to us all:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    gotta read it later
    I'll drink to that Dew:drinker: :smooched: :laugh:

OK, You may stop drinking now, I read it :flowerforyou: . Ah, wait, it said you shouldn't stop drinking it :happy: . OK, so let's all keep drinking :drinker: (I'd like my brain to function well, so I'll water it :wink: ).

P.S. So 50-60% is all normal. My scale's not so dumb afterall, claiming I've got about 58%. I saw somewhere 50-55%, but yeah, not so much of a difference.

FC, I love you puppy-face! :smooched: :love: :drinker:

Thanks Dew...isn't he the cutest ever!! Max gave me me the puppy on FItnessChickDay thread! How sweet was that! Ok, well, um, I actually grabbed the puppy photo he put up when someone asked me for photos and ran off with him...but...well, sorta like he gifted it to me:wink::tongue: :bigsmile:

Either way...he is adorable! My kitties would have fun with him, ah the puppy not Max...or maybe they would?:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Thanks Fitness_Chick

This information is a keeper. I appreciate you keeping us soooooooo informed and salute you with my water bottle:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • flois
    flois Posts: 32
    Options
    Thank you again for this reminder, I'm new to this and need to remember to drink, drink, drink.

Its great that this thread is so popular as everytime it gets bumped to the top again, I pour another glass!

Today has been a good day thanks to you. I must begin a habit of a lifetime now and have a drink next to me at all times starting with tomorrow when I hope to do as well as today.

:drinker:
    Flo
  • Colly
    Colly Posts: 17
    Options
    Great info...:happy: Thanks for sharing.
    You have an incrediable weight loss, keep up the good work!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Great info...:happy: Thanks for sharing.
    You have an incrediable weight loss, keep up the good work!!!!
    :flowerforyou: thanks Colly:happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Thank you again for this reminder, I'm new to this and need to remember to drink, drink, drink.

Its great that this thread is so popular as everytime it gets bumped to the top again, I pour another glass!

Today has been a good day thanks to you. I must begin a habit of a lifetime now and have a drink next to me at all times starting with tomorrow when I hope to do as well as today.

:drinker:
    Flo
    Yes Flo...we must all be drinkin our water!! Tis good stuff for our bodies:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    i drink tons of water, 150-200 oz a day......i started drinking that much about 3 weeks ago, dropped 5 lbs and havnt lost an ounce since.....could i be drinking too much water???
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    i drink tons of water, 150-200 oz a day......i started drinking that much about 3 weeks ago, dropped 5 lbs and havnt lost an ounce since.....could i be drinking too much water???
    I've seen studies that suggest a person drink 1/2 their body weight in oz. The amount you shared might be to much for you depending on what your weight is. I don't drink that much myself and I have double to lose than what you are looking to drop.

Dropping 5 lbs is a large amount perhaps your body is adjusting. It's difficult to respond to the question without knowing if you're keeping within your MFP cals (eating enough I mean) and adding back at least a portion of you excercise cals as well.

I don't think water alone would keep you from losing....but if you're drinking more than is necessary for your body you might need to cut back and do an experiement and see if that works better.:flowerforyou:

• nicolet04
    Options
    I've seen studies that suggest a person drink 1/2 their body weight in oz. The amount you shared might be to much for you depending on what your weight is. I don't drink that much myself and I have double to lose than what you are looking to drop.

Dropping 5 lbs is a large amount perhaps your body is adjusting. It's difficult to respond to the question without knowing if you're keeping within your MFP cals (eating enough I mean) and adding back at least a portion of you excercise cals as well.

I don't think water alone would keep you from losing....but if you're drinking more than is necessary for your body you might need to cut back and do an experiement and see if that works better.:flowerforyou:

i normally eat 1200-1500 depending on how much i excercise. i normally add half of my excersice calories back cause i dont have a hrm and i dont know how accurate mfp is on that.... i think im gonna cut out 60 oz of water and if that doesnt change anything im gonna go back to eating only 1200 calories......its so hard to stay motivated when u dont see results!!

on another note, congrats on all ur success!!!!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    How's it going on the water now Nicole?:drinker: :happy:
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i tried to cut back to 120 oz but some evenings i am sooo thirsty and cant help but drink more....still no weight loss....i stopped eating my excercise calories so we will see what happens!!!
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Great info! :drinker:
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Follow the example of a SparkPeople member: this woman put a water glass on her windowsill with 8 pennies on one side. Each time she filled up her glass and drank it, she moved a penny to the other side, until all the pennies were moved. Great reminder system!

I know a lady who would put 8 rubberbands around her water bottle each morning and everytime she finished a bottle she would remove one. By the end of the day her bottle needed to be free of rubberbands!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Follow the example of a SparkPeople member: this woman put a water glass on her windowsill with 8 pennies on one side. Each time she filled up her glass and drank it, she moved a penny to the other side, until all the pennies were moved. Great reminder system!

I know a lady who would put 8 rubberbands around her water bottle each morning and everytime she finished a bottle she would remove one. By the end of the day her bottle needed to be free of rubberbands!
    Hey that would work! :drinker:
  • Cloudybe
    Cloudybe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Very good article! My mom's answer to everything is drink more water!! lol

Love the rubberband idea!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Sunsmiling.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker: :tongue:
  • abillings9
    Options
    Great article!!