Looking for someone to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred with - Motivational partner needed!!!

Hi There,
I am a 32 year old woman with a toddler and baby at home. I am trying to lose a bit of weight a get more fit! I have a habit of starting an exercise plan and not following through with it. Does any of this sound like you?? I have done Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred before and really enjoyed it. Is anyone else interested in starting this workout too? We can keep eachother motivated by reporting in to eachother. I just started Level 1 today. Please respond if interested! Thank you :)

Replies

• SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Hi I'm also 32, I have an 11 year old and a 9 month old. I'm on level 2 day 8 and am really enjoying it (and seeing results yay!) feel free to add me. Once I've completed I'm thinking about carrying on but mixing up the levels and doing two in one go. Or maybe getting another Jillian workout... I LOVE her :D
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    I'm starting tonight after my minions go to bed.

I'm 29, three kids (7, 5, and 5).
  • meldut58
    meldut58 Posts: 5 Member
    Yay, good for both of you! I'm new to fitness pal... made this account a long time ago, but just finally started using it today. How to people communicate on here - through the board, or do you send private messages?
  • M_Tyler05
    M_Tyler05 Posts: 22 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm on day#3 of 30DS. I'm 28 and a momma of 1 (10 months). Feel free to add me if you'd like and best of luck!
  • meldut58
    Are you guys changing your diet to go along with the workout? I'm trying... sort of.
  • SDB210
    edited November 2016
    meldut58 wrote: »
    Are you guys changing your diet to go along with the workout? I'm trying... sort of.

I haven't really changed my diet, I'm just eating a lot less of it by sticking to the calorie goal MFP has given me.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    I'm changing it but it's more because I got into a rut. My job requires me to sometimes be away from the office so it's fast food or gas station in podunk country towns where everything is fried and slathered. lol!
  • meldut58
    I'm changing it but it's more because I got into a rut. My job requires me to sometimes be away from the office so it's fast food or gas station in podunk country towns where everything is fried and slathered. lol!

Omg, that must be super annoying!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    I find that the best motivational partner is yourself. It's definitely more fun with a friend, but what if that friend starts slacking off?
  • SDB210
    edited November 2016
    Just completed level 2 day 9 :s one more day of level 2! I don't know what I'm feeling the most..., happy to have no more pendulum lunges (I hope!) or terrified of what's in store for level 3! Haha
  • dwatkins23
    dwatkins23 Posts: 21 Member
    I love Jillian Michaels.... but on level 1 I was calling her the B* word every 10 seconds. LOL!
  • SDB210
    dwatkins23 wrote: »
    I love Jillian Michaels.... but on level 1 I was calling her the B* word every 10 seconds. LOL!

Haha like when she growls "take it loooweeeerrr!" :D

• marifrie33
    marifrie33 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm 33 years old with 4 kids and I'd like to do the shred again (maybe:/). I did it a few years ago and had good results in inches but not so much in lbs. I'm afraid if I do the shred, my weight loss will stall and I'll get discouraged.
  • SDB210
    marifrie33 wrote: »
    I'm 33 years old with 4 kids and I'd like to do the shred again (maybe:/). I did it a few years ago and had good results in inches but not so much in lbs. I'm afraid if I do the shred, my weight loss will stall and I'll get discouraged.

I haven't noticed my weight loss stall at all since starting. It sounds like you had good results before if you lost inches. Where you in a consistent calorie deficit last time?
    I'm trying to focus on liking the way I look when I reach my goal weight. I'm hoping the shred will help me avoid dieting away my muscles so they start to peek through as I lose the fat.

• meldut58
    SDB210 wrote: »
    Just completed level 2 day 9 :s one more day of level 2! I don't know what I'm feeling the most..., happy to have no more pendulum lunges (I hope!) or terrified of what's in store for level 3! Haha

OMG totally remember those pendulum lunges from when I did 30DS a couple of years ago... hated them!!!
  • marifrie33
    marifrie33 Posts: 34 Member
    SDB210 wrote: »
    marifrie33 wrote: »

I haven't noticed my weight loss stall at all since starting. It sounds like you had good results before if you lost inches. Where you in a consistent calorie deficit last time?
    I'm trying to focus on liking the way I look when I reach my goal weight. I'm hoping the shred will help me avoid dieting away my muscles so they start to peek through as I lose the fat.

I probably wasn't always in a calorie deficit. I kinda, sorta tried to keep track of my calories on paper and was probably always going over (didn't know about this awesome mfp back then). Maybe I will give Jillian another go! But just thinking about it makes me sweat :/
  • akdavis1115
    akdavis1115 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey ladies!! I"m 30 with a 3 year old and 9 month old. This girlfriend has GOT TO LOSE the weight! I'm just feeling blah and want to get moving. I found my never been opened 30ds dvd I bought after my first child. Any tips before I bust right into this? I always have issues staying committed, because sometimes that extra 5 minutes of sleep seems worth it evem though I know it's not.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Sounds like fun. I never considered that?
  • ryanndavignon
    ryanndavignon Posts: 86 Member
    Im 28 and a mom to a 5 year old and a 18 month old. I have 30ds and am open to trying it again. Made it almost half way through once, but quit even though I was seeing results. I did 45 days of another program before I got really sick and had to stop, so I know I can do this. I'll start it tomorrow AM.

Should we post our stats here before we start? I'm going to take measurements /weight/ and pictures.
  • SDB210
    Yeah good idea...
    I'm onto level 3 so I'll back date my progress. Annoyingly I didn't take any measurements but I have a before pic and a progress pic from Nov 25th. I'll make sure I do an after pic when I get to the end.

Height: 6'0
    Starting weight (5th Oct): 177.4
    Goal weight: 154

Weight start of level 1 (6th Nov): 168.4
    Weight start of level 2 (21st Nov): 163.8
    Weight start of level 3 (5th Dec): 160.4
    Weight at end of shred: ??

gfqymyofhik4.jpg

um3gxg8i00br.jpg