Thoughts on shakeology?

Options
I started drinking one chocolate vegan shakeology a day and I feel fantastic. In the past I struggled with getting all my nutrition in for the day, but this shake helps ease the stress for sure. I also believe it's helped my muscles in the recovery process because I've been noticing gains that I didn't think we're possible. Is this truly a game changer or just a placebo effect? What are your thoughts? Anyone else drink these shakes?

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Shakeology is generally a crap product that is way overpriced for the mediocre ingredients. Then having to deal with "coaches" with no real nutrition knowledge spew the bs claims make it a "stay far away" product in my opinion.

Basically, in my opinion, it's poo and I try not to drink poo.

^^^What he said...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Don't believe the hype. Shakeology can make all the (sales) claims they want......you won't get anything from them that provides a shred of proof.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Search the forums for the other nine thousand or so threads on this. MLM BS.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Shakeology is generally a crap product that is way overpriced for the mediocre ingredients. Then having to deal with "coaches" with no real nutrition knowledge spew the bs claims make it a "stay far away" product in my opinion.

Basically, in my opinion, it's poo and I try not to drink poo.
    I find that they are morally bankrupt and engage completely unqualified people to sell their products for the sole purpose of getting a discount on their own. From what I've seen on these forums, these so called 'coaches' have no problems lying, making up fake group challenges, starting threads with "innocent" questions about the product to get people to engage, so they can sell them their overpriced, sub-par quality shakes on the basis that it will change their lives.

I actually find the whole thing fairly morally repugnant. If the product was really worth *kitten*, they wouldn't need all the crappy sales tactics.

^ Both of those and more. Shakeology is an overpriced, poor-quality scam and I despise aggressive BB "coaches" who spam forums and social media preying upon strangers, their friends and families. I even despise that they can call themselves "coaches" without any qualifications/training to deserve that title. They're shake peddlers, not "coaches".

And this too: http://pharmadaddy.blogspot.ca/2013/07/shakeology-shaking-up-its-foundations.html?m=1
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    My thoughts in one word?
    Overpriced.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    My thoughts in one word?
    Overpriced.
    and overhyped...
  • JillyLovesSmack
    JillyLovesSmack Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE them... I'm not a coach and I don't drink them anymore due to price I got a bag awhile back and it is the best tasting shake I've ever had.. just to expensive for me.
  • deensamwin
    deensamwin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe I need to re-think my strategy lol. Well, I must be doing something right in my diet. Thanks for all your input:)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    deensamwin wrote: »
    Hmm, maybe I need to re-think my strategy lol. Well, I must be doing something right in my diet. Thanks for all your input:)

Feel free to take the credit for yourself! You're doing all the important work, not the shake.
    Seriously, you could buy much less expensive protein powder and take a multivitamin and get the same benefits, if there are any. I use Trutein and think it's delicious even just mixed with water, and it's a quarter of the price. I only use it because sometimes I just have days my protein is low and I think my protein shake is yummy.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I think protein shakes can be really helpful when you're trying to stay full on fewer calories. I tried Shakeology a few times when "coaches" offered me free samples and thought it was pretty much the same texture/flavor as any other protein powder. I buy Vega or Optimum Whey instead, personally, and spend maybe 1/4 of the cost. The Shakeology people claim there are all sorts of special proprietary vitamins in their product but that's simply not true. But if you like the taste and can afford $4 a shake, why not?

For a while, I got in the habit of having chocolate protein powder with ice and frozen fruit at the end of the day and decided it was my "chocolate ice cream" fix.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    It's expensive garbage.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    storyjorie wrote: »
    I think protein shakes can be really helpful when you're trying to stay full on fewer calories. I tried Shakeology a few times when "coaches" offered me free samples and thought it was pretty much the same texture/flavor as any other protein powder. I buy Vega or Optimum Whey instead, personally, and spend maybe 1/4 of the cost. The Shakeology people claim there are all sorts of special proprietary vitamins in their product but that's simply not true. But if you like the taste and can afford $4 a shake, why not?

For a while, I got in the habit of having chocolate protein powder with ice and frozen fruit at the end of the day and decided it was my "chocolate ice cream" fix.

Yep - not to mention you get a lot more protein for your money by sticking to regular old protein powder. That combined with a multivitamin is much better than the mystery ingredients of Shakeology (or any other MLM miracle shake, for that matter). Then you have more money to spend on fun things!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

WTF even is a "proprietary vitamin"? O_o
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

It's super duper secret. So secret, we can't tell you what it is.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

I could tell you, but I'll just need to sign this confidentiality agreement and give me your checking account and routing number.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I could tell you, but I'll just need to sign this confidentiality agreement and give me your checking account and routing number.

Yours was better.
  • the_fit_geek
    the_fit_geek Posts: 58 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Its just my opinion, of course, but Shakeology is just over priced Whey Protein/Isolate. I'll stick to Body Fortress for $17.88 at Wal-mart. Coke vs Pepsi. Beef vs Chicken. Pork vs. Beans. It depends on the consumer's personal taste.

EDIT.... However im willing to try it out... once its $17.88... or cheaper :wink: