Do you have any annoying co-workers?

Options
13»

Replies

• LaGrandeur90
    LaGrandeur90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I work with an older woman, she's super sharp for her age but she's one of those people who needs to talk about everything. About the last phone call she had with a client, about an order that went wrong, about how she dropped a *kitten* jacket on the way to work. IT DRIVES ME INSANE.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who says I need to seek professional help because I laugh too much.
    But then he doesn't like that I talk to people (I am in customer service, but whatever) either. He doesn't like when I put up decorations on my office windows for holidays. I am not allowed to listen to music in my office, wear any kind of scent (but he comes in reeking of patchouli). He is a truly miserable person who takes whatever joy that you can bring to work away.
    The really funny thing is anyone else can do any of these things but if I do he complains to our boss.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i thought i was pretty tough, but my last contract but one about finished me. little in-house team, where they'd all been together for 6 years and just done their own thing the whole time. i called them the marsupials. they'd just evolved in their own directions without any reference to the real world.

to their credit, they opened up a designated role and brought me in because they knew how cut off and incestuous they'd become. but oh my gawd. the 'senior dev-analyst' made me foam at the mouth. he was one of those people who just love debate, but who are in denial about how abnormal they are. he'd follow me around the space, literally, trying to restart debates about 'why did you word the title of this test case like this? and not like this? there must be a reason. we're paying you to come in here and teach us, so teach me or you're not doing your job.' you could literally tell him to get out of your office and he'd say 'i'm just asking. and i want to know.' short of calling security he could not be got rid of.

and then the guy on the security desk in the lobby, *kitten* me. i hated that man. i started out with some sympathy, but it was literally not my fault that he was chained to a desk with nothing to do all day long - and no personality to do it with, either. i started taking the stairs just because if you stood still for five seconds in his presence he'd try to force some lame one-upsy conversational card onto you. 'so, how 'bout them creative anachronists, huh? i'm actually gandalf in the real universe. lemme tell you my new conspiracy theory - no, lemme try to trap you into asking me to tell you about the latest conspiracy thing. let me tell you how to push the buttons to make the doors open. let me raise my voice to make sure it follows you into the elevator when it arrives, how dare you walk away when i'm talking at you. now let me vibe you with aggro hostility or deep passive-aggressive depression you *kitten* because you will not talk when i demand that you talk.' i overheard him at one point complaining to somebody else that he'd been reported for creepiness, but eff that; creepy is just what he was. he was like the office space dude ready to burn the place down because he's so unliked.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha yes!!! The ones that are jealous because I'm liked more by the operations management team because they have ZERO professionalism and I get picked to do what THEY used to do. Love life sometimes :3

Don't hate me because I play it smart and understand the chain of command. ;) bahahaha.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I used to share a small office with my old boss. He dipped tobacco and every 30 seconds I would have to listen to him spitting into his trash can.

At the same place there was one guy who was notorious for not washing his hands after going to the bathroom and immediately digging into the candy dish at the receptionist's desk.

I have a similar coworker, only he also goes and visits the strip club next door at lunch everyday.
    I never stick my hand in that candy bowl...

Another coworkers flirts with every woman in the place, farts loudly in the breakroom, warms up sardines in the microwave, and asked a senior manager if he could use the women''s restroom near his desk when he hurt his foot recently. The answer he got was...Uh, no.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I used to share a small office with my old boss. He dipped tobacco and every 30 seconds I would have to listen to him spitting into his trash can.

At the same place there was one guy who was notorious for not washing his hands after going to the bathroom and immediately digging into the candy dish at the receptionist's desk.

I have a similar coworker, only he also goes and visits the strip club next door at lunch everyday.
    I never stick my hand in that candy bowl...

Another coworkers flirts with every woman in the place, farts loudly in the breakroom, warms up sardines in the microwave, and asked a senior manager if he could use the women''s restroom near his desk when he hurt his foot recently. The answer he got was...Uh, no.

:D
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    My coworkers just complain about anything and everything. It's like if you hate your job that much find a new one!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker that can be annoying but has a MFP account so I'll talk about the dragon lady and the dragons lady kid at one of my previous jobs. I couldn't wait to get out of that joint.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Yes... All of them. The end.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I work with kids so they don't annoy me. Their parents on the other hand!

Kids... You can't beat 'em... Shame :)
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    "Do you have any annoying co-workers?" is like asking "do you breath regularly :-) I think the clue is if you don't have any annoying co-workers, it's odds on favourite that you're the annoying co-worker :-)
  • gothomson
    Options
    Having said that the ones that get me are the ones that makes sentences almost entirely in what I call "management speak".

I swear on all things sacred when one guy finished talking at a meeting he and actually said " well, lets climb the foothills of change!" Frankly I nearly lost it - and not just me I may add!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    gothomson wrote: »
    "Do you have any annoying co-workers?" is like asking "do you breath regularly :-) I think the clue is if you don't have any annoying co-workers, it's odds on favourite that you're the annoying co-worker :-)

However if you're the annoying coworker'd it be annoying, to that coworker; that their coworkers're annoyed by them?
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    PowerMan40 wrote: »
    All of them, who work for me, act like kids, fighting on the play ground, she said this to me, and Im mad. He didn't do his work, or shes not working. I don't give a sh-t, grow up, mind your own business, let people around you fail on their own. Your not the office work cop, who has to regulate everyone else around you. 100% of the time I know who is the good workers and who are not.. You don't need to tell me...

I think this happens because the good workers have to work even harder because of the slacking coworkers and hence why they complain. They prob feel that it is unfair.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yess! There is this female co-worker. She's about 50 years old but acts like a 12 year old. Everytime the managers ask her to do something, she always says she doesn't know how/never been trained( she actually has been trained do do these tasks multiple times). As a result, I end up having to do her work. She's also very bossy. Constantly tries to tell me what I should be doing. One day she walked into the store and my manager asked her if she could go work in the fitting room and 2 minutes later, she walks up to me and tells me to get off the register and go in the fitting room ( because she hasn't been trained. LIAR.)We work in a retail store and have to recover the store by picking up any clothes on the floor and putting them back in the correct area. So when this co-worker has to recover the clothing department, instead of putting away the clothes she picks up from the floor, she brings them to me in the fitting room so i can do all the organizing( not how it's suppse to work). She also takes credit for my work all the time. Lets say I clean up a whole department and she's suppose to be helping me, she literally spends all her time on register and as soon as I'm done cleaning, she asks the manager " how well did we clean this area?".I just absolutely hate her. Hope she gets fired.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My old boss...her response to almost everything was "I don't care". It drove me nuts!
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I worked with a guy who was so cheap. We ask who wanted breakfast burritos, collected $4/each (he declined). Later, he served me my burrito (should have been suspicious). A coworker said he only gave you half your burrito and is eating the other half. I walked into his desk and said in front of everybody, "Are you eating half my burrito? Uh, yes; You owe me $2 or you need to barf up my half of the burrito" The $2 is still posted on the wall 4 years later.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    I work with this one guy that complains about everything! Every time I start whistling out of tune or cook fish in the microwave or burn my popcorn or talk super loud on the phone especially when its not work related. Especially when I b!tch about stupid crap to people who have no control over the situation. Or get upset when someone ask me to do something job related. Oh let’s not forget about the taking an hour to go get lunch just to bring it bac and eat at my desk and get upset if somebody needs something work related. Then there’s the fact that I come in late and leave early or the fact that I have to put my nose in everybody’s business. And that’s just to name a few of my quirks. Oh and I complain about everything!!!
    Ok in case you can figure it out it’s his grumpy old as that does all that *kitten* and far more.
    Now I’m worked up! Dang it!
  • gothomson
    Options
    gothomson wrote: »

However if you're the annoying coworker'd it be annoying, to that coworker; that their coworkers're annoyed by them?

I cant argue with that...at least I think I cant :-)

• linad30
    linad30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Omg , one guy started a year ago in our department,absolutely stupid or I think he just pretending to be dumb to avoid any kind of work,so we need to pick up his slack all the time ,because his excuse for everything is : I'm not feeling comfortable to do this.Like ,mate,u need to fill the shelfs not to build a freaking space rocket