Any other aerialists here?

Options
thelovelyLIZ
thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
edited November 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Who else here likes flying?

I would LOVE to add you guys/be friends/talk about your training and diet routines. All the other girls at my studio are so skinny with dancer bodies and I'm not on their level yet! I started hammock in January and silks in April and I'm obsessed! I did pole a few years back as well. Feel free to drop some photos of your favorite tricks! I wanna see!

Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    No but I wish I was. I did some flying trapeze lessons once and loved it.

• 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Pole, trapeze and gymnastic rings.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    Options
    Pole, trapeze and gymnastic rings.
    Love it!
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I do aerial hammock. Everyone else in my classes are 20 something people with uber flexibility, while I am a 40 something person with almost nil flexibility but I love it and am determined to be good at it one day so will keep up the practice. I am buying myself gymnastic rings for Christmas as that would be a cool thing to be able to do and hopefully next year will be able to scrape together sufficient funds for silks lessons.

My general exercise program is lifting heavy two to three times a week, flexibility classes three times a week and aerial hammock classes three times a week. I will there eventually :smile:

ofomqvxdziz0.jpg
  • thelovelyLIZ
    Options
    Titanuim wrote: »
    I do aerial hammock. Everyone else in my classes are 20 something people with uber flexibility, while I am a 40 something person with almost nil flexibility but I love it and am determined to be good at it one day so will keep up the practice. I am buying myself gymnastic rings for Christmas as that would be a cool thing to be able to do and hopefully next year will be able to scrape together sufficient funds for silks lessons.

My general exercise program is lifting heavy two to three times a week, flexibility classes three times a week and aerial hammock classes three times a week. I will there eventually :smile:

ofomqvxdziz0.jpg

Yay another hammock friend! I love hammock- I actually have my first performance coming up soon and I'm super nervous! Definitely go for silks when you can. Even under the extra arms and back fat I have right now I can tell I am CUT because of silks. Fastest way to build a crap ton of strength!
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Seeing as we are sharing pix, here's a collage. ob4h61p1yqa4.jpg
  • sadinplaid
    sadinplaid Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    5x9brydtie5l.jpg

I love trying all sorts of new classes, but aerial is definitely one of the most fun of everything I've tried!
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I would love to try that! Looks like so much fun!
  • rolenthegreat
    rolenthegreat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This post is maybe a little old, but I'm pretty new to these boards.
    I've been doing aerials for almost a year now & absolutely love it. Mostly Silks & Lyra but lately I've been adding the occasional Pole & Rope classes into my schedule.
    I try to fit in a Flexibility class 2-3 times a week, and Strength/Conditioning classes 2-3 a week. As well as apparatus classes 3-4 times a week. Had my first performance last month and it was crazy awesome.