Can't find the Perfect diet Plan

Since last 2 months m struggling with this diet thing...my BMR is 2500+/-...Fat 36%...BMI 32%...m targetting for a 2000 calorie per day diet to lose around 400-500 gms per week...Just not able to figure out a diet plan which won't keep me full all the time plus keep me energized all day to achieve the target...Plz helppp...!!!!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Many people find that eating a higher protein diet helps to keep them full. Some people find that fat keeps them full as well. I would try either or both, giving it a good week to see how you feel before changing methods.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Buy a food scale, eat whatever you'd like and stick to the calorie goals MFP sets for you.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Give a read here. http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/

I read through it, and took some tidbits away, although I don't have a real "plan". But if you need a plan, that article seems based on sense and not woo.
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    I would just strive for lots of protein and vegetables, small amounts of carbs/things you love. The protein will help keep you full longer than something carb-loaded. This way you can eat everything you like, stay within calorie range and not feel like you're starving yourself either. Easier said than done, right? haha

A few other tips:
    LOTS of water throughout the day and try to drink 1-2 glasses before each meal, and you should find you'll eat less.

Only eat until you are satisfied (not starved but not "omg so full" either) lol, then wait about 20 minutes. If you're still hungry, then have a healthy snack or a little more of whatever you were eating because you could still actually be hungry. Usually in that 20 mints though, your brain gets the "I'm full" signal from your stomach.

Hope that helps!
  • siddiqui18138
    siddiqui18138 Posts: 2 Member
    Tackle Washer...Thanks a ton pal...u solved my Problem thnx for a great share...Thanks others for ur valuable advices.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    There is no such thing as the right diet plan. Aim for "good enough", "what works for me", etc.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tackle Washer...Thanks a ton pal...u solved my Problem thnx for a great share...Thanks others for ur valuable advices.

You're welcome.

Read through that site if you're bored. Guy is both sensible and funny. Geared more to weightlifting then I will ever be, but some of his articles had me laughing.

Also http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/ (Same guy and this is where his current stuff is).
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited December 2016
    Since last 2 months m struggling with this diet thing...my BMR is 2500+/-...Fat 36%...BMI 32%...m targetting for a 2000 calorie per day diet to lose around 400-500 gms per week...Just not able to figure out a diet plan which won't keep me full all the time plus keep me energized all day to achieve the target...Plz helppp...!!!!
    I am suspicious you have miscalculated your BMR. I'm 6'2" tall and my BMR is probably 1765 or so. You should be eating at a deficit based on your TDEE not your BMR. Eating below your BMR is causing harm to your body unless you are bed ridden 100% of the time. If you post your height, weight, age, and activity levels (what type of job you do, how much exercise you do on a regular basis) people can help you calculate it or you can calculate it yourself.
  • Tacklewasher
    Probably meant TDEE, not BMR.

I'm 6' 280 lbs. 51 and sedentary (office job). My BMR comes in at 2163 per https://tdeecalculator.net TDEE at 2596.

I'm not sure what you mean by "eating below your BMR is causing harm"? To lose 2 lb per week MFP has me at 1700 right now (difference of 100 cals between the calculators). Do you mean that basing your deficit off of BMR could be an issue?