Newbie here!

Options
Hello all! I'm so glad I found this site. What an eye-opening experience to keep a food journal! It's okay, though, I'm on the right track now.

Replies

• Mondisa
    Options
    Hello all! I'm so glad I found this site. What an eye-opening experience to keep a food journal! It's okay, though, I'm on the right track now.
  • JuicyJBaby3
    JuicyJBaby3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aboard. I also love this site. It really helps you keep track of food, goals, and weight loss.

And there is always someone here to listen if you need it.

Good Luck to you.
    Juanita

59139.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • sparklewings
    Options
    hi, i'm another newbie! This is my 2nd week on slimfast and so far have lost 12lb. is anyone else on it and how are you doing? x

137300.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • nbreitmayer
    Options
    Hi! my name is Nicole! It's my first day here and I'm already over my calorie count by 1,300 and I've only eaten a sub and a bowl of cereal! I'm really discouraged because I've had trouble shedding this baby weight for over a year now and I have a wedding to go to in two weeks! I was just wondering what you were doing with the slimfast that allowed you to lose 12 pounds in 2 weeks??? Thanks for the help I need it!
  • sparklewings
    Options
    hi, i just have a shake for breakfast, pear for snack, shake for lunch, orange for snack, and then i have a 600 calorie meal (no pudding in that just savoury stuff) and then a blue riband for snack which i call my pudding. I think i lost 10lb in my 1st week due to drinking and losing so much water, i aim to drink at least 2 litres a day. i hope this helps x
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    For the newbies, I am pretty new also, only been here a bit over a week, but I think the what works for me in getting enough calories and not going over calories is to plan the day before what your going to eat....I do this in the evening in front of the TV, I plan breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner for the next day. Then when I wake up I follow my daily food page. So I am due for a snack in about 30 mins, I will just go to my snack list and pull a snack that I haven't had yet. I find it much easier then eating now and inputting later. STAY AWAY FROM SODA!!!! The only soda I drink is Diet rootbeer 0 cals.

Good luck and Welcome..

P.S. Quick weight loss will not stay off....do it slow and you will be alright.

GO Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sportzguy90
    Options
    hey i'm new here too, I'm a young 18 year old guy in college played sports all my life and i've gained the freshman 15 plus a few extra but spring break is the first week in march and i'm looking to get down from 204 to 185. It says i can only loose about 2 pounds a week but is it possible to loose more?
  • Michiebabes
    Options
    you can lose more, but they say it's healthy and realistic to lose 2pounds per week. doing it this way means you are more likely to keep it off
    :)
  • sportzguy90
    Options
    does this calorie counter really work? is it accurate with the foods i'm putting in and counting the calories so even if i dont excercise i'm still loosing the weight according to what it says?
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Yes the calorie counter is pretty accurate on most things. Just make sure you measure you food especially meats.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know that you will love it here if you don't already, I do I love it so much. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.