Best/better Fast Food options?

Options
I often get tired of the cafeteria options at work and go out to grab lunch. What are some healthier options that you have found for lunch bites? I'm looking for grab and go, not sit down options.

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    My go-to is a McDouble and 4-piece McNuggets. 570 calories, 44C, 30F, 33P. Intake is usually 1500-1900 calories and I can easily fit it into my day.
  • brookau90
    brookau90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live but Chick fil a grilled chicken sandwich and a fruit cup. The sandwich has around 300 calories! Pretty much any grilled chicken just look up the nutrition before you go. Hamburgers without the bun and a side salad without cheese. They have a lot of fat but are low carb.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A has a Cool Chicken Wrap - pair with the Fat Free Honey Mustard for a reasonable calorie, high-protein lunch that is quite filling.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Pret a Manger has a bunch of options if it exists where you are. I also like Potbelly's, which used to be local here but now seems to be all over (I get a turkey on thin cut) and other local chains like Protein Bar and a variety of others. I'd look at the menu online to decide as chains normally have all their information available.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell - Cantina Power Bowl

Panda Express - Chicken Teriyaki Bowl w/ steamed rice

Chick-Fil-A has grilled nuggets too.

Also ask for protein-style at your local burger joint. Most of them offer that nowadays.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken in some form is my go to at fast food places and yes if you eat it daily there is burn out. That's why I usually pack a sandwich. No fries, no chips and water or unsweetened tea to drink.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Don't forget your local supermarket likely has reasonably quick healthy choices, such as deli sandwiches.

Sushi, Greek yogurt, and roasted chicken are also often found at the grocery store and are pretty easy to fit in a diet...watch the portion sizes!
  • mjaquay21
    mjaquay21 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    chick fila grilled chicken of some form or panera !!!
  • the_fit_geek
    the_fit_geek Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Subway, obviously, Panera Bread, McDonalds wraps (no sauce), Local grocery store (Walmart Neighborhood Markets are awesome!), Starbucks (if you live metro or in the burbs and want cheesey fancy over priced stuff) lmao
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    * Chipotle or Qdoba: taco salad no shell, no cheese, no rice; black beans, lots of lettuce and veggies, avocado, and 3 kinds of salsa
    * Subway: Sub Club on whole wheat, no cheese
    * Wendy's: Chili and a side salad, no dressing. Pour the chili on the salad and it's taco salad light!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Love Subway-my go to is a foot long Veggie on Italian/no cheese with lots of veggies and light mayo. Comes in at around 530 calories and is really filling-it's my big meal of the day when I have it :) Otherwise Wendys 4 piece nuggets with a large chili for 430 calories (without the crackers the chili comes with).
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you have a Panera near you, it is easy to order online and then run in to grab the food from the Rapid Pickup rack. The half ancient grain, arugula, and chicken salad with extra chicken is 270 calories with 24 grams of protein. I usually get soup with it but on its own it would be a nice small meal.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Culver's triple cheese burg is around 650cals.
  • cthakkar1985
    cthakkar1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Are you sure? Their website says 940 calories.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

That's what I see as well on their website-that's an epic burger though!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Panda Express is probably my favorite nation wide fast food chain for healthy options. I get two entrees- they have low cal ones that are less than 200 a serving- and then the steamed veggies in lieu of rice of chow mein.

There are a lot of regional ones here in LA too though. One of the perks in living on the west coast is loads of healthy options.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    For fast food I will typically do Subway or Wendy's...doesn't happen often though.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Oh! And protein style burgers. Both Inn-n-Out and Carls JR will do it for you.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Wendys actually has a side salad thats not bad, Their dressing (i think ranch?) is really low calorie and its yummy. Little value menu burger and a side salad would be about 400 calories
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I think their website includes mayo or its a deluxe version, but I'm not sure. I usually get just with the works (ketchup, must, onion)

According to the nutrition guide they handout in my local stores...

A triple butter burger plain is 591.5 calories
    A triple butter burger cheese is 801 calories.

I stand corrected as I don't usually get cheese when on a cut and it's been a couple months since I bought one. My bad.