Favorite low cal order at Subway??

Options
Just trying to decide what to order at Subway for lunch. Post your favorite order! Thanks!!

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i just did subway for lunch - did rotisserie chicken (double meat) on the italian herb and cheese (its a high carb day in my cycle) with shredded moterary jack cheese, lettuce, green pepper and red onion, and a little bit of mayo - by the MFP tracker its about 588cal (46C/23F/54P) - most of the fat came from the cheese and mayo
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    6" Italian BMT

I'm going today and getting the Reuben though...it's my favorite sammich in the world...I'm sure I'll be dissappointed though, Subway is just ok...I'd much prefer to go to Jason's Deli; their Reuben kicks *kitten*.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Love Subway :) For subs my favorites are Veggie, chicken, and then chicken and bacon. I also really like their salads-very big and filling, for less calories than the sub version.
  • cthakkar1985
    cthakkar1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Subway just started offering a corned beef reuben on rye bread. It's delicious (at least as delicious as anything I've had at subway). 6 inch sandwich is 470 calories (45 carb, 15 fat, 39 protein). I also load it up with veggies and get some apple slices on the side. You get 1 serving of veggies, 1 serving of fruit...great lunch choice in my opinion.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    I'm boring. Wheat bread, turkey, spinach, red onion, tomato, and olives with brown mustard. Clocks in under 300 calories. If I'm feeling splurgy I'll do the chicken teriyaki with the sweet onion sauce. I don't get cheese on my sandwiches, I find their cheese utterly flavorless and a waste of 50 calories.
  • brookau90
    brookau90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wheat bread, turkey, banana peppers, onions and lettuce. I either get vinegar on it or get a pack of Italian to dip it in. Water to drink. Sometimes if I know that I am going to go over for dinner I will get them to scoop the center of the bread out!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    6" veggie on white bread, no cheese, no condiments. Or a veggie salad with no dressing, no cheese. I typically take mine home and add my own cheese/dressing.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Sweet onion chicken teriaki on flatbread...hold the cheese...fill with enough veggies to explode.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Double chicken chopped salad - listed on their website as 220 Calories, but I don't know what veggies they consider. There used to be a nutrition/recipe builder on the Subway website, but I couldn't find it just now.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Sub Club, no cheese on whole wheat. Add olives, spinach, and onions BEFORE toasting; lettuce, tomato and pickles and EZ mustard AFTER toasting
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a 6" turkey breast with veggies and cheese, but I tried the turkey Reuben the other day and it was delicious. 430 calories and definitely a new favorite for me.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    If you go on their website there is calculator to personally calculate your sandwich! i use all the time.

personal fav is the 6" tuna w/ spinach ,tomato, sweet peppers, onions
    or the turkey ! Def want to try the rueben now !
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Italian BMT...foot long.

Wait....nvm. :/ I cannot low cal at subway. I always gravitate to the Italian BMT even if I plan on getting something else. It is magnetizing...
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Veggie delight.. I just tell them to put everything on it. Even a footlong is relatively low-cal.
  • HeidiThe9
    HeidiThe9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    6 inch turkey on Whole wheat, no chees. With lettuce, tomato, lots of cucumber, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, little bit of onion, and a dash of oregano.

Gonna be my dinner
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The Reuben is only 430 calories? HOLY CRAP!!! SO having that next time.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Right?! I haven't been able to think about anything else since I read that.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    12" double meat chicken teriyaki with sweet onion sauce.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

The turkey Reuben is 430; the corned beef is 470. Still totally great for a pretty big Reuben!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Update on the Reuben...it was just OK...they did pile on quite a bit of corned beef, but it's just lacking and I could barely tell the bread was rye...it was some weak *kitten* rye.