Belly button piercings-trashy or cute?

Options
Backtolovely
Backtolovely Posts: 70 Member
Okay, I need some honest opinions here. I'm thinking of getting my belly button pierced because I really like the way it looks, but I've seen some people saying it's "so 90s" and makes a girl look easy. I'm fairly average sized, but I have big hips and butt and boobs which could either help the look or make me seem even sluttier. What do you guys think? I wear crop tops fairly often but it's not like I'm wearing trashy 90s tube tops and crap. I wear nice clothes, my hair is a natural color and my face is pretty I guess so would it make me worse if I got it pierced? Tell me your opinions!

Replies

• peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a nice belly button ring it's your body as long as you like it sod everyone else i say go for it :smiley:
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Depending on how you're intending to wear your choice of body jewelry will determine its misinterpretation (dated/trashy/slutty) or any likely positive regards (cute/...).

A woman's sensuality and femininity is a celebration of how you do you. For some of us - it's a cultural norm. Depends on where you are geographically and socially@suitability/appropriateness/style.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    From one old guy's point of view, it depends.

In young women or women of any age who are "in shape", it looks cute. In older women or women of any age who are chubby and overweight, it seems inappropriate - - not necessarily trashy or slutty - - just inconsistent w/the woman's age or size; they'd simply look better w/o a piece of jewerly that focuses attn on that part of their body.

Of course, it's every woman's choice to wear any kind of body jewelry she pleases but the OP asked for opinions and this is mine.
  • jonessoda17
    jonessoda17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I don't think its trashy at all. Its your body and you should deck it out to your liking. Ive got plugs and a tounge ring. I couldn't give a *kitten* about the kind of people who think they make me look mean or bad or trashy or whatever they imagine.
    Plus most piercings are cute on women IMO.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Really only you can answer that as there will be so many opinions on a public forum. If YOU think it would look good on YOU, then go for it. If you are going to be thinking "Do I look okay or do I look trashy?" all the time if you have it done then I wouldn't bother, you need confidence to get your belly out, especially if it's decorated (and I don't mean it has to be a six pack or anything, the wearer just needs to be okay with people looking at their mid-section, fit or flab).

Personally all I can think of when I see one is them getting caught and ripped out on waistbands, especially jeans..!!
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's only trashy if the person is trashy in my opinion. If you want one because you like the look of it, then you should get it.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    If my stomach was not the blobby blob it is now, I would TOTALLY go for the bellybutton piercing (and for a bigger picture, I always wear makeup, heels, dresses, perfume, etc. - so I don't think it matters how you present yourself fashion-wise). I think they're gorgeous. Maybe not those Playboy bunny jewels though? ;)
  • anjulajj
    anjulajj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Do it! I have mine done and I got a lot of crap for doing it because I'm not exactly 21 anymore but who cares what other people think. It makes me feel great and I don't need to show it off to the world. So do what makes you happy :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Okay, I need some honest opinions here. I'm thinking of getting my belly button pierced because I really like the way it looks, but I've seen some people saying it's "so 90s" and makes a girl look easy. I'm fairly average sized, but I have big hips and butt and boobs which could either help the look or make me seem even sluttier. What do you guys think? I wear crop tops fairly often but it's not like I'm wearing trashy 90s tube tops and crap. I wear nice clothes, my hair is a natural color and my face is pretty I guess so would it make me worse if I got it pierced? Tell me your opinions!

Why are people hung up on the '90's or calling girls sluts?
    I don't recall any of my college friends back in the '90's having pierced belly buttons or wearing tube tops. The most sexually active girl I knew was not super skinny, did not have a huge chest, wore no make up, did very little to her hair, wore very little jewelry, and wore loose t-shirts and jeans or sweat pants most days.
    I don't think someone with a navel peircing is more sexually promiscuous than a person without one. I think it is neither cute nor trashy in itself. Showing it off inappropriately might affect someone's opinion of you... like baring your belly at work, a funeral or when it is 20°F outside.
    Get one if you like it. If people judge you that is their issue.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    not my style but if it's yours more power to you
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you like the way it looks, then that is all that matters.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    This thread needs photos ...

Really; it does.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    some are so so cute and sexy.....
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it, go ahead. Who cares what anyone else thinks about it?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Awesome
    Thx!
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    I got mine done for my 14th birthday, it's my second favourite, no regrets here (I have quite a few piercings). From another perspective, I'm at university, and about 60% of the girls here have it done, and they come in all shapes and sizes, tall, small, chubby, thin, athletic....no one's ever batted an eye or made negative comments to anyone I've seen, so if that's the only thing holding you back then go for it! but know that if you do get it, and you show it off (e.g. crop top), you have to wear it with pride and confidence, constantly holding and touching your midriff to hide it is a pretty unflattering behaviour