How we perceive ourselves versus how we really look.

Options
I wasn't sure where to post this. A while back I saw a really neat link to a comparison photo. You looked at a lineup of women and guessed which one you most looked like. Then you entered your actual measurements and it showed you which one you actually were closest to in size. Does anyone remember that or know where I can find the link? It was really interesting.

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I bet id fail miserably at that i still feel like im huge :D
  • emmam1212
    emmam1212 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That sounds fascinating! I'm going to have to bookmark this thread in case someone finds it for you.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,001 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I bet id fail miserably at that i still feel like im huge :D

You will be surprised. I hope I can find that link.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,001 Member
    Options
    That sounds fascinating! I'm going to have to bookmark this thread in case someone finds it for you.

I thought I bookmarked it before, but I can't find it anywhere.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Probably not exactly what you were looking for but found this:

http://bodyvisualizer.com

Was feeling good bout myself just took a new progress profile pic and everything and that killed my mood. My stats looked awful :D
  • iris2811
    iris2811 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
  • compchar
    compchar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    iris2811 wrote: »

that, really is. i look in the mirror and see HUGE. finding others my height and weight, theyre not fat AT ALL. little portly, but not how i see myself. thanks for the link!
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I still don't always feel good about myself despite other people telling me that I look great. It's really, really hard to shake off old insecurities. I'm so used to having them, it's hard to let it go and see what other people see.

Agreed. I pretty much always feel pretty bad about the way I look, even though I know it really isn't warranted and I need to give myself a break.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When I was 360lbs I always thought I looked way smaller than I was? Like I'd see someone at 250lbs and think that I was so much smaller. Clearly wasn't the case. BUT now I struggle so bad with actually knowing how I look. If I have a good day I worry that I'm just thinking I'm smaller again. Or I'll see someone with the same measurements as me and I just feel like a whale compared too. Its so hard.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,145 Member
    Options
    iris2811 wrote: »

Not for me. I tried that site before and I always get the same answer: Nothing found.
    It seems that small older ladies' bodies are not part of that gallery. How sad is to find out that once you reach certain age you don't count or exist anymore.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    When I was 260lbs+ I thought I was much thinner, now I am 170lbs I feel much larger.

Yay for brain muddles..
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Wow that was actually really spot on for me
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

Was feeling good bout myself just took a new progress profile pic and everything and that killed my mood. My stats looked awful :D

Oh no! Sorry! Ignore that site and look at your own pictures instead. I like to compare current pictures to old ones, it helps a lot to see the changes. When I look in the mirror sometimes I don't even see the difference- partly because I never felt as big as I was. But it's very clear in pictures!
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Honestly just depends on the day for me. Sometimes I feel huge and others I think I've almost reached goals. My view of myself is annoying. Maybe it's bc I've been to extremes and all over the place with my weight all the time my mind never really gets settled in the first place.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think I look so good but then I see myself in the mirror naked while walking and notice that EVERYTHING JIGGLES!! Haha!

Oh well health is really the most important thing and I have that back for now.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    In high school I was convinced I was plus sized, my thighs were enormous, and I was only average looking. When looking at those pictures now I wonder what the heck I was thinking - I was pretty cute and thin on top of it. Whats crazy is I have twin daughters who are the image of me at their age, except they have a body type that will likely never be plus sized, and they're beautiful.
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think I look so good but then I see myself in the mirror naked while walking and notice that EVERYTHING JIGGLES!! Haha!

Haha! Me too! :smile:
  • JaydedMiss
    edited December 2016
    Options

Im curvy as hell but im also thick so im super jiggly. Jiggle on top of jiggle. Get your jiggle on girl :D LOL -highfives-

Edit: jiggle sounds like a strange word after so many times typing it...