Feeling lost...

Options
Here it is.

My daughter will be 2 this month and ever since her birth I've only lost about 30 lbs. Yes that is a good accomplishment, but I am still 30-35 lbs overweight and have been for the past 2 years.
I am one of those people who do great for a few weeks, maybe even a month than fall off the wagon and have an extremely hard time getting back on.
I have been wanting and meaning to get back on track and try to stick with it but for some reason the motivation just hasn't been there.
And then my "friend" called me fat.
I went back to work (by my "friends" persuasion) and a patron told me that she had said I got fat while I was away.
That was harsh and broke my heart.
So yesterday I decided to give the health and fitness another go, and it's only been 24 hrs and I'm already like "screw this, I can't do it."

I need to do this. I need this weight off. Not only for physical health, but also mental. It absolutely sucks having a closet full of clothes that I haven't worn in almost 3 years.
Yet I just can't find the motivation. A few times this year I was soo motivated and did great...for a few weeks and then stopped (like mentioned before).

So here I am, stuck. 2 days into a workout and semi-healthy food switch and I'm already ready to give up.

Why can't I shake this :(

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Try starting out just by counting calories and logging in MFP, then modify your diet (if you want) and add exercise. Maybe one thing at a time will seem more doable for you. And those clothes....a big motivator for me. When I felt myself wanting to quit, I'd go try them on and be reaffirmed that yes, I needed to do this!
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Try starting out just by counting calories and logging in MFP, then modify your diet (if you want) and add exercise. Maybe one thing at a time will seem more doable for you. And those clothes....a big motivator for me. When I felt myself wanting to quit, I'd go try them on and be reaffirmed that yes, I needed to do this!

The past few times I've tried focusing on just good I would give it an a few days because to me it felt like no effort without the exercise. But maybe this time around it will work :)

And trying on my old clothes is a good idea!!
  • ashley2428
    ashley2428 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Katie_Y89 wrote: »
    Here it is.

My daughter will be 2 this month and ever since her birth I've only lost about 30 lbs. Yes that is a good accomplishment, but I am still 30-35 lbs overweight and have been for the past 2 years.
    I am one of those people who do great for a few weeks, maybe even a month than fall off the wagon and have an extremely hard time getting back on.
    I have been wanting and meaning to get back on track and try to stick with it but for some reason the motivation just hasn't been there.
    And then my "friend" called me fat.
    I went back to work (by my "friends" persuasion) and a patron told me that she had said I got fat while I was away.
    That was harsh and broke my heart.
    So yesterday I decided to give the health and fitness another go, and it's only been 24 hrs and I'm already like "screw this, I can't do it."

I need to do this. I need this weight off. Not only for physical health, but also mental. It absolutely sucks having a closet full of clothes that I haven't worn in almost 3 years.
    Yet I just can't find the motivation. A few times this year I was soo motivated and did great...for a few weeks and then stopped (like mentioned before).

So here I am, stuck. 2 days into a workout and semi-healthy food switch and I'm already ready to give up.

Why can't I shake this :(

• ashley2428
    ashley2428 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can relate in so many ways!! Add me! we should chat!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself like you would your child. Say no when it's in your best interest. Taking care of yourself is not optional. Exercise because you need to, not because you feel like it. I've lost 115lbs doing this. Once I made it "mandatory" and started nurturing and parenting MYSELF in addition to everyone else, it got a lot easier.
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Simply put...you have to WANT IT REALLY BAD. Until then, you'll continue to fall off the wagon. One great way of getting into the right mindset is VENGEANCE. Yep. I said it. Revenge in the form of losing those extra pounds. So take all of the negative comments and use it as motivation! You've lost the weight before, so let them see that you can do it again. :)