Body fat

Options
Is there a certain trick to shredding body fat? I struggle with it. I mean I sit around 14%-15% so I'm average but would be really happy to see definitions

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    shredding it?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit. That's it. There's no trick, just physics and the balance of energy.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Are you male or female? In either case, 14-15% is not "average."

It varies by age but for men that's in the" fitness" categorgy in and for women it's "athletic" . The average for men is 18-24% and for women it's 25-31%.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

It varies by age but for men that's in the" fitness" categorgy in and for women it's "athletic" . The average for men is 18-24% and for women it's 25-31%.

I'd submit that in today's society in many first-world countries, the actual averages are a hell of a lot higher than that. But that's beside the point.

To get rid of body fat, eat at a caloric deficit (eat less than you burn) on a consistent basis. To preserve lean body mass in the process of losing fat, have an adequate protein intake and engage in a progressive strength training program.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    1) You are leaner than average
    2)Eat in a calorie deficit
  • mrxtrmesports4622
    mrxtrmesports4622 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

sgt1372 wrote: »

Yes I'm a male. 19.