Help! Where to begin?

Hi! I am a mother of an 8 month old boy, I'm looking to lose 40 lbs, but would be happy with losing 20. But I struggle with where to begin. I feel like I never have time to workout, but mostly I don't have the motivation. I would go on walks or go outside but it is now getting cold. Where should I start? I have 0 stamina.

Replies

• sadyia15
    sadyia15 Posts: 76 Member
    Im actually focusing on my eating habits for now and once im able to maintain my new routine i want to start exercising again. Try it this way instead of exercising first.
    My thinking is a better diet will hopefully make me feel better and more energetic then i can use that energy to start working out.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    sadyia15 wrote: »
    Im actually focusing on my eating habits for now and once im able to maintain my new routine i want to start exercising again. Try it this way instead of exercising first.
    My thinking is a better diet will hopefully make me feel better and more energetic then i can use that energy to start working out.

For me, when I work out, my diet tends to fall in line because I want to fuel the exercise. :smile:
  • sadyia15
    sadyia15 Posts: 76 Member
    Ive tried that but then i get cravings real bad
  • CoriFrede
    CoriFrede Posts: 4 Member
    The biggest tip I was given when I started was to prep and cook. When you eat out, you can't control what goes into your food but if you cook, you can modify recipes to reduce calories. Depending on the recipe, some of the lower calorie options won't make a huge difference in flavor. You need to play around and decide where you can skip the calories and where you can't. It's a balancing act.

Buy some snack size ziplocks and pre-measure out snacks into 50-100 calorie servings. This way you can grab and go when you need a snack. Sliced veggies work good for this and are very low in calories. For some snack foods, I found paying a little extra for pre-measured portions was worth it for convenience. The 100 calorie almond packs are great to leave in your desk drawer at work.

Greek yogurt is also a filling snack choice. I found the unusual flavors are actually better than the traditional flavors. The Apple Pie and Lemon Meringue are my two favorites. Depending on the brand, the "light" yogurts range from 80 to 120 calories.

Good luck!
  • Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Start logging now without worrying about losing. Establish a habit of logging and being honest with what you are eating. For me, logging is key to really knowing how I am doing so I can figure out where/what to adjust.
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    Just remember that:
    80% Clean Diet + 20% Exercise = WEIGHT LOSS! :)