quit ww...yes or no?!?!

Im on ww. But I seem to have hit a plateu again which is what i do every time im on ww. I lose 10lbs and then cant get past that...should i give it another few weeks? Im doing it online and dont know if i should pay another 3 months again...argh....what do u think?

Replies

• Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Have you tried counting calories here? If you continue to hit a plateu with WW's, then why not try something different. This is a free site & you can always go back & sign up with WW's if you find that you prefer it. I have found that with alot of dedication & watching what I am eating that calorie counting has actually been easier for me. So, why not just try here for awhile. :wink:
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Why pay for WW when you have mfp for free, that's what I think, if you were going to weigh in's then I could understand but you're not even doing that if it's just online?

Ditch the extra cost and spend it on something better for your health/fitness goals! :)

Also don't get disheartened, sometimes weight loss does go fast, then slow, then nothing for ages, you just have to keep on keeping on and it will all come good in the end!! :)
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    If you have some will-power to avoid temptation, and if you'll religiously log EVERYTHING that you've weighed before eating, you don't need weight watchers.
    Everybody hits plateaus. The difference being on this site is that it's not costing you money during that plateau time.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    MFP is free I would stick with this... lots of support here. I have done WW and I didn't find the support there like there is on here.
  • veggiepug
    veggiepug Posts: 82
    I had great success with the old WW plan, but quit and gained back a bunch of weight. I tried to do the new program over and over ever since November, but I just do not like it. I think MFP gives you a much better look at what you are putting into your body. I love that you get to see cals, fat, protein, sugar, etc. I think WW is simplistic to a fault. I had no idea how much sugar I was consuming until I started using MFP.

Plus, MFP is free :)
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Weight watchers in my opinion is good for people who don't know much about nutrition and are not overly interested in learning too much about it.

If you're busy and you don't want to waste time learning too much about nutrition, carbs, proteins, and fats and don't want to spend your time counting calories, then weight watchers is a decent choice since they do most of those calculations for you.

It is a very simplified form of calorie counting but you don't really know what you're doing to your body other than feeding it a certain number of points.

If you're more interested in learning about health and nutrition and have the time to sustain it for a while, I think you'd do much better counting calories, looking at your macros, and trying different things out to see what works best for your body.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    I quit ww. I find that this site is sufficient for my needs. :) and.... it's FREE!!!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    if you have a smart phone you can download both the old weight watchers, and points plus calculators... plug the food in here to get the carb/protein/fat/fiber breakdown, then calcuate the points, then you wont have to spend the money on the program
  • veggiepug
    veggiepug Posts: 82
    Weight watchers in my opinion is good for people who don't know much about nutrition and are not overly interested in learning too much about it.

If you're busy and you don't want to waste time learning too much about nutrition, carbs, proteins, and fats and don't want to spend your time counting calories, then weight watchers is a decent choice since they do most of those calculations for you.

It is a very simplified form of calorie counting but you don't really know what you're doing to your body other than feeding it a certain number of points.

If you're more interested in learning about health and nutrition and have the time to sustain it for a while, I think you'd do much better counting calories, looking at your macros, and trying different things out to see what works best for your body.

This is what I was trying to get at, but you said it much better :)
  • pamital
    pamital Posts: 58 Member
    I would stick with this too. I've done ww about 10 times..
    You know what to do. And as everyone says, this site is free with lots of support.

I'm actually finding it easier not having to weigh myself in front of someone. The only person I can feel guilty around now is myself. That fear has gone and I'm loving going on the scales now :)
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    i've done both ww and mfp, and while ww is also a great program, mfp is at least equally as good if not better, and FREE! try mfp, and if it doesn't work for you, you can always go back to ww in the future
  • BELIEVETOPSTOKOPS
    BELIEVETOPSTOKOPS Posts: 47 Member
    I am a WW Lifetime member with about 20 pounds to lose...was getting no where with WW new plan....After 6 months of paying monthly pass fees..I decided to quit and go back to TOPS....a much better support program with much friendlier people and ALOT less money...check your area for a TOPS meeting or join online. I had gone to TOPS several years ago and now I wish I had never left.
  • elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    I lost with the old WW plan but let life get in the way and gained about 1/2 of it back. Tried the new plan but hit a plateau and was stuck. Used both programs for a month and lost a few pounds. Dropped WW (casue I;m cheap!) and am doing fine. I have good weeks and bad but I keep plugging along. Plus now I don't have to stop and figure out the points!!
  • elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    I lost with the old WW plan but let life get in the way and gained about 1/2 of it back. Tried the new plan but hit a plateau and was stuck. Used both programs for a month and lost a few pounds. Dropped WW (casue I;m cheap!) and am doing fine. I have good weeks and bad but I keep plugging along. Plus now I don't have to stop and figure out the points!!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    I think that they problem with ww is that it doesn't take into account individual differences. The truth of the matter is that calorie counting WORKS, especially if you pay attention to your macros and if you listen to your body. Everyone has different needs. Some people need breakfast, some people don't. Some people do well with low day, some people do well with high unsaturated fat. You are not a ww clone.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    I've done WW about 4 or 5 times. I always lose some weight (most was 13 pounds a few years ago). However, I find this MUCH easier, frankly. I scan in my foods, or quickly search the database, or find my favorites in my recent foods, and bam, calories are logged in my daily log and I can see exactly how many calories are left. To me, that is a lot easier than trying to calculate points. I have been here about 5 weeks and lost about 6 pounds. The same day I joined here, I started with a personal trainer twice a week. The weight loss is not happening fast, but it is happening.
  • aparks1177
    aparks1177 Posts: 63
    I quit WW as soon as I found out about MFP. It seems a lot easier for me keeping up with my calories than figuring out how many points something is, and I really enjoy the support and it's free :)
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    I quit WW a long time ago when I finally realized that the whole goal of WW was for them to make $$$ off of me and not for them to be even remotely interested in the fact that I've lost, gained, stayed the same, been missing, came back, who are you, glad to see you, you're up 0.2 = next week bring your "diary" so there you go.... I've found other ways to weigh in each week without them.
  • ma2erin
    ma2erin Posts: 5 Member
    I just joined this site today, but I agree with the others. I reached my goal weight last year on the old flex plan. The PP program isn't working for me, but then again, I'm a creature of habit & didn't give it much of a chance. I say save yourself a few bucks & try this for awhile :)
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    I am a WW Lifetime member with about 20 pounds to lose...was getting no where with WW new plan....After 6 months of paying monthly pass fees..I decided to quit and go back to TOPS....a much better support program with much friendlier people and ALOT less money...check your area for a TOPS meeting or join online. I had gone to TOPS several years ago and now I wish I had never left.

I agree Tops.org is the website to find a location near you.