OMG 209 lbs is the deal breaker for me

Options
I actually found this site while browsing apps on my mobile phone. I am hoping to learn so much from everyone and look forward to this journey of losing weight. I had noticed that my jeans were getting a bit snug a few months ago, but blamed it on drinking lots of water and not really working out. Well the not working out part is truly .... NOT WORKING OUT:huh: . I want to get back to a weight where I was truly energetic and my clothes looked great on me. So, today is the first day of my amazing journey.

GOOD LUCK to everyone.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Good job for getting back on the horse!!!! Taking the first step is the hardest and you've already done it! Good luck to you and add me if you need more friends!!!
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    you can do it...this is the best site, everyone is very encouraging and will help you all they can..me included=)
  • banjobaby
    banjobaby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    this site is awesome! good job on making steps to improve your health! feel free to add me! :)
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I wish you all the best!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    209 was pretty much where I started when I found the app for MFP on my phone. Now I am getting close to my goal weight and feeling so much better. Good luck, you have certainly come to the right place. The people on here are amazing and so supportive, you can do this :smile:
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Get some of your friends to join you in your journey or friend others here for support.
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    your gonna love using this site, I do...I've lost close to 20lbs now and still going strong!! Good luck on your journey, you can friend me if you'd like
  • vscott913
    vscott913 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just 1 month ago, my ticker said "0" lbs lost.... now it's 13!! You're right when you talk about this like it's a journey... it truly is. I've been learning so much about myself and this site has really helped me. The words of encouragement from people on here are just so nice. I've recommended this site to so many people in the last month and everyone who's working it, is losing weight. My tip is... never cheat! ;-) If you don't have the calories left to eat that thing you want, let it motivate you to exercise to earn it. It truly is guilt-free eating then and you will start to WANT to exercise as a result. Good luck with your journey. Enjoy it!
  • TrueCowboysFan
    Options
    Thank you so much for the much needed encouragement. I am really focused now and will definitely lose the weight with all the help and support from this site. There seems to be so many tools to help so now I have no excuses.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I send a friend request and we can support each other!
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome i'm on my 4th day on this site and so far it has helped me so much good luck with your journey friend me if you like
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I actually found this site while browsing apps on my mobile phone. I am hoping to learn so much from everyone and look forward to this journey of losing weight. I had noticed that my jeans were getting a bit snug a few months ago, but blamed it on drinking lots of water and not really working out. Well the not working out part is truly .... NOT WORKING OUT:huh: . I want to get back to a weight where I was truly energetic and my clothes looked great on me. So, today is the first day of my amazing journey.

GOOD LUCK to everyone.:flowerforyou:

You WILL SUCCEED if you DON'T QUIT! Your MFP (My Fitness Pal) fam is here to support you...not saying it will be easy but you can enjoy the journey, especially when you have other folks that are where you're at, or have been in your same shoes...we ALL came to this site for a reason..
  • vscott913
    vscott913 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Keep going Yvonne! You're doing it! Veronica ;-)