1200 calories per day

Options
accn1
accn1 Posts: 67 Member
Hello! :smiley:
Anyone can help me with low calories recipes?
I really want to consume only 1200 calories per day! If you know some vegetarian recipes it's a plus! :smile:

Thank you so much :smiley:

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I eat almost a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle (I'm pescatarian because I eat tuna a few times a month). I eat on average of 1250 calories a day.

My favorites are:

Chicken boca burgers (veggie burger) on Sandwich thin, lettuce, tomato, onions & laughing cow cheese (300-400 cal depending on what you put on it)
    Spicy Chicken boca Salad - grilled spicy chicken boca cut up on top of salad mix w/bolthouse dressing (300-500 cal depending on what you put in your salad i.e croutons avocado etc)
    Pizza - Flat Out pizza crust, artichoke harts, onions cheese (300 cal)
    Eggs w/bagel thins
    Gardin products - Veggie meats

hope this helps!
  • accn1
    Options
    I eat almost a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle (I'm pescatarian because I eat tuna a few times a month). I eat on average of 1250 calories a day.

My favorites are:

Chicken boca burgers (veggie burger) on Sandwich thin, lettuce, tomato, onions & laughing cow cheese (300-400 cal depending on what you put on it)
    Spicy Chicken boca Salad - grilled spicy chicken boca cut up on top of salad mix w/bolthouse dressing (300-500 cal depending on what you put in your salad i.e croutons avocado etc)
    Pizza - Flat Out pizza crust, artichoke harts, onions cheese (300 cal)
    Eggs w/bagel thins
    Gardin products - Veggie meats

hope this helps!

Thank you so much! I'm not vegetarian, but I really want to become one, so I will surely try this ones :)

Btw how many meals do you have per day? Do you have snacks?
  • leanjogreen18
    Options
    I usually eat most days 11am brunch and 5pm dinner with no snacks after 5pm. It seems to help me not snack later at night plus I don't like going to bed on a full stomach.

Most of the time 2 meals and 1 snack but occasionally I'll have 3 meals.

I'm super flexible and I even cycle my calories, one day I eat 1000 calories so one day I can eat 1500 (my eventual maintenance). But my average daily is 1250.
  • accn1
    Options
    I usually eat most days 11am brunch and 5pm dinner with no snacks after 5pm. It seems to help me not snack later at night plus I don't like going to bed on a full stomach.

Most of the time 2 meals and 1 snack but occasionally I'll have 3 meals.

I'm super flexible and I even cycle my calories, one day I eat 1000 calories so one day I can eat 1500 (my eventual maintenance). But my average daily is 1250.

wow just 2 meals? :o I like to eat around 5 xD
    so maybe your recipes have more calories than I can eat in a meal :p anyway thay you :)
  • leanjogreen18
    Options
    oh yeah no I couldn't eat 5 meals a day:). My meals are anywhere from 300-500 calories per meal depending on if I do 2 or 3 meals and that leaves room for 1 or 2 snacks.

As advised above Pinterest and reddit has 1200 calorie ideas.
  • accn1
    Options
    @TeaBea @cwolfman13 @leanjogreen18 @Kapoten @HappyVeganKitty Thank you so much for your help! :smiley: I'm trying all the recipes and websites for sure ! :smile:
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1300 a day and meat/dairy free. My favourite meals are spaghetti bolognese made with Quorn mince and with courgetti instead of spaghetti; Quorn chilli with lettuce leaves instead of taco shells; any kind of veg curry with no rice; chickpea tagine; veggie sausage casserole... those are my favourites but I'm always trying out new things too. My diary is open if you want to add me :)

Basically if you load up on vegetables then you won't get too hungry. Not sure if you're bothered about macros but I eat egg whites to keep my protein levels up, they have way fewer calories than whole eggs. There are a lot of different ways you can cook them.
  • accn1
    Options
    @EauRouge1 Nice thank you! :D
    Yeah I realized that the meat we buy at the market it's really bad for us, and of course have a lot of calories. I wanted to eat more vegetables, just didn't know any recipes x) I will check your diary than :)
  • accn1
    Options
    @racheladkins2002 sounds delicious! have to try it :)
  • much2muse
    much2muse Posts: 9 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I have been eating:
    1 cup Rice crispies with 1/2 cup one percent milk, coffee with 1/2 cup milk and 2-3 tbsp creamer 300 cals for all of that
    English muffin with egg, veggie cheese, veggie sausage patty, and mustard 300 cals
    I eat mashed potatoes and chicken n noodles
    Veggie burger on bread with ketchup, mustard, and veggie cheese
    Buckeyes with dark chocolate - 100 cals
    Baked potato with 1 tbsp olive oil, butter, and sour cream
    Toast with 2 tbsp hazelnut spread or peanut butter banana spread - 350 cals
    Popcorn with seasoning flavors is low cal snack
    Cucumbers and vinegar is low cal snack

And doing sugar free jello soon.
    My groceries were skimpy this month
  • UltraTacks
    UltraTacks Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    1200 calories? That's insane......
  • accn1
    Options
    @much2muse thank yoou! That meals sounds delicious! And only 300 calories heheh :))

@UltraTacks it's necessary so I can loose 1kg per week :) actually yesterday I acomplish to eat only 1000 calories, and I felt full because it was vegetarian food
  • accn1
    Options
    @SuperNerd42 only 115 calories?! Have to try that today!