How many pounds away am I from...

Options
2»

Replies

• lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends, I've lost almost all my weight in my legs (so I unfortunately look like two different bodies merged together) So I went from an 18 to an 8 after 40 pounds.

Wow, an 8 would be amazing! You're an inspiration! Thanks for the info everyone! By no means am I giving up, but I'm ready for some visual results instead of just the number on the scale going down.

Aww thanks! I am having a hard time with my top half, but what helped me was making a big old long list of my NSV's on my blog (check it out if you need ideas) but it was a real eye opening experience once I wrote them all down
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 and am down 3 sizes (of course, depending on style and the store). I think the difference this time is strength training as opposed to just losing weight, it's helped tone and change my shape much faster.
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm 5'9" large Swedish build, currently @247 down 20lbs. @267 I was wearing 20s, and I could squeeze into my new 18s, and 20lbs later I'm still in them because they fit at the hip. (but now they're too big everywhere else!) My 20s are loose and sit at my hip now instead of my waist and bag all over. I'm trying to wait until my clothes are horrendously huge to buy any. Make sure you're lifting weights, that's really helping me, I can see the difference all over. Good luck, and most importantly be patient! It's going to happen! :) We'll all be hot 12-14s (US) and out of the plus stores soon :)
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    About 20-25 pounds for me and I'm 5'8...
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    For me it's about 10 pounds. I agree that lifting weights while losing has alot to do with it.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started at 246 pounds in a size 22. It took me about 30 pounds to get down one size. Oh, and I carry my weight in the belly. The seat and thighs of pants are always baggy on me. But now I notice there is much less of a difference in sizes as you go down. I started wearing some 14s at 180 and now 10 pounds later they are already getting lose. So I think it will only be a 15 pound difference between a 14 and a 12.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35 pounds and I'm still a size 16...my old pants that are 16s are getting looser, but I just bought a pair of size 16 shorts, and size 15 juniors shorts, so I know it's not one particular brand.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started at 246 pounds in a size 22. It took me about 30 pounds to get down one size. Oh, and I carry my weight in the belly. The seat and thighs of pants are always baggy on me. But now I notice there is much less of a difference in sizes as you go down. I started wearing some 14s at 180 and now 10 pounds later they are already getting lose. So I think it will only be a 15 pound difference between a 14 and a 12.

30 pounds?! Wow - that is a lot. I carry my weight in my belly as well and of course that's the main place I want to lose weight. Thanks for your info :)
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your frame and how you carry weight. I'm 5'8" and at 300 lbs I wore a tight size 26 jeans, but now at 220 lbs I'm a comfortable size 16... so 80 lbs down = 10 sizes for me.
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I`m 5foot 5inches

my starting weight was 213 and a tight size 16US
    I`m down to 191 and a very Loose size 14 almost ready to try on some 12`s

I really think its different for each person

I'm 5'2" and 167 and finally in 14s! At 191 I was well into 16s and more like an 18.

For me, I had to lose 20 lbs before I truly got to wear a smaller size. I was squeezing into 16s and 18s at 193. It wasn't until I was down to 173 that I could honestly say I was out of 18s and that 16s were fitting well. The weird thing is, I'm down to 167, only 6 more lbs and last time I went shopping, NONE of the 16s fit and all the 14s fit well. Only a few 14s were snug. So I must have lost those 6 lbs all in the waist or something!

It's so different for everyone. It really depends on how you lose it, how tall you are, your body shape, etc. My first 20 or so came off everywhere, but mostly in my face and arms and chest area. The next 6 came mainly off my stomach (thank GOD! LOL) and butt.
  • pickenslmc
    pickenslmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    At 200 pounds I was wearing 14s-but they were really tight, at about 190 the 14s fit well, at around 175 12s started to fit well, now at 165 10s are starting to fit. I am also 5'7" with my weight distributed fairly evenly.
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It is different depending on your start size.

It would be better to think of a percentage of body weight per pants size.

I started at UK 22 and had to lose about 20lbs to drop the first size but going from UK16 - 14 was only about 7lbs. In fact I was stuck weight wise for 6 weeks but still got smaller.

Remember 10lbs from someone who is 250lbs is going to look a lot less than 10lbs from someone who is 150lbs.
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am frustrated by this also! I wear a 22 and have lost 13 lbs. Not a lot, but still you'd think some change? I was wearing a 22 back when I was 27 lbs heavier too! I can fit into a 20, but then I have the muffin top going on, and truthfully I'd rather wear baggy jeans then to have that going on. It is frustrating!! I'm trying to figure out some good exercises to work on my top because it seems to go the slowest.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I was uk size 16 jeans at 12st12lb, now im 11st 9lbs in a 14 and there getting a bit lose. For me its around every 10-14lbs. I know I was a size 12 bottom at 11st last year but iv had a baby since so no idea if it still applies lol